Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
Neither of those are possible yet, but I hope to add them at some point.

(11-08-2015, 08:57 AM)Maeson Wrote: Hello, i'm new here.

I've been testing this emulator (11-3) and I have to say that is amazing. All the games i've tried work pretty much flawlessly (Even Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, something I didn't see possible on the Wii!). The only problem I had was with Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure, where one of the cutscenes had garbled graphics, I'll try another ROM just in case; as this emulator seems to be too god for it being the problem, lol.

I still have to try games like Yoshi's Island, but for what i've seen, speedwise, this thing is godly. I also like what you did with the sound, most GBA emulators are kind of annoying to listen, while this is much much better.

Thank you so much for this little gem! I also have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to turn off the filter?
Is there a way to make the screen smaller?

I'll also use quite a bit the feature to make screenshots, thank you for adding it!

I believe an option to enable and disable the filter will be implemented at some point, but I don't know any more specifics than that. 

(11-08-2015, 08:57 AM)Maeson Wrote: Is there a way to turn off the filter?
Is there a way to make the screen smaller?

While we wait for such features, you can try Extrems' version which has those two settings. Plus instead of bilinear it uses oversampling so it looks just as good as if it were point filtered. There's a funky color thing going on that mimics the system being used during daylight, not a big fan, and there's no way to turn that off.

Isn't that only for the Gamecube?

He added a Wii port to the download a day ago.

(11-08-2015, 09:33 PM)SuperrSonic Wrote: He added a Wii port to the download a day ago.
No 32 MB ROM support though, kind of a deal breaker for those who get his version. I'll stick to this one on here, filter removal features be damned.  Also, that daylight feature to wash out the colors, just why?

(11-08-2015, 09:37 PM)fox_wwhisper85 Wrote: No 32 MB ROM support though, kind of a deal breaker for those who get his version. I'll stick to this one on here, filter removal features be damned. 

That's the GC port, the Wii port supports it.

(11-08-2015, 09:39 PM)SuperrSonic Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 09:37 PM)fox_wwhisper85 Wrote: No 32 MB ROM support though, kind of a deal breaker for those who get his version. I'll stick to this one on here, filter removal features be damned. 

That's the GC port, the Wii port supports it.

Oh, okay, but that whole part about the daylight feature and how it affects the appearance, why on earth would he add a feature you can't disable? Also, what advantage does his port have? I for one can't stand the look of point-sampling on HDTVs, it looks horrid IMHO. 

(11-08-2015, 06:15 PM)endrift Wrote: Neither of those are possible yet, but I hope to add them at some point.

Thank you for the response. I can wait, no problem! The work in this is incredible already.

And thanks SuperrSonic, I'll take a look a it too! Having another version just in case can be handy until the original gets this. To be honest the filter doesn't bother me much, is just that i'm used to a cleaner image from using RetroArch so much that i'm kind of spoiled by it, lol.

About the change in colors... I'll see if it's that bad. To be honest, i'm sure at least is better than the original GBA and the need of light like you were some kind of plant to see somewhat better...

I've tested more games, still with the same version, and while I had a couple of weird problems with Super Mario Advance 4 (Sound related, no music and sound effects were glitched) that got resolved by using another dump, I'm still impressed.

Yoshi's Island works fantastic, at the very least the first level goes full speed, something it didn't happen on the other emulators avaiable on the Wii.

The only game I haven't been able to run properly is Konamy Krazy Racers. Everything seems okay, but when you're going to start a race, it goes white and freezes. The emulator itself is still working, you can go to the menu and exit the game without problems.

A small heads up, just for feedback: the GBA game " Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance " is bugged out on mGBA (backgrounds are glitched, and some effects like fire are garbled). Game works on VBA.