mGBA Forums
Official mGBA Ports - Printable Version

+- mGBA Forums (https://forums.mgba.io)
+-- Forum: mGBA (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Official mGBA Ports (/showthread.php?tid=25)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 08-06-2015

PlayStation Vita
Merged. Please see the downloads page.

Old builds: Nintendo 3DS
Old builds: Nintendo Wii
Old builds: PlayStation Portable (stalled)
Branch: psp
Latest: None

RE: Official mGBA Ports - askot - 08-10-2015

Sorry for sent an issue as my gratefulness but thanks for your work.

So now, how do I use the alpha port of wii? Until now, I have set my roms on SD root and sd:/gba folder with gba_bios.bin on each folder. But I just get a black screen with some lines above my tv, then I press A on my GC controller and dol sends me back to HBC.

Edit: Added image to display what I get on wii screen

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 08-10-2015

mGBA for the Wii does not support loading the BIOS yet. However, it should be giving a list of files on the SD card when it starts. If it doesn't, that's a problem I need to sort out. The lines that are above the TV are probably it saying the current directory, and I need to figure out how to fix the overscan.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - sindrik - 08-26-2015

Thanks for this emu, it already runs much better than the classic VBAGx!

Will there be an updated wii binary with the Aug 25 changes? Changelog looks really nice

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 08-26-2015

I'm hoping to release a first alpha for the 3DS in a few days, and since the 3DS, Wii and PS Vita ports all got merged into master today, I'll likely release a new alpha for all three at once.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - sindrik - 08-26-2015

(08-26-2015, 06:32 AM)endrift Wrote: I'm hoping to release a first alpha for the 3DS in a few days, and since the 3DS, Wii and PS Vita ports all got merged into master today, I'll likely release a new alpha for all three at once.

Great! So far the only thing needed for quicker testing would be to scroll through pages with left-right, and filter out the .sav files from the ROM list. Thanks again, the emu is really running awesome.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 08-26-2015

Ooh, I hadn't thought of left/right scrolling. I added key repeat, and also verifying that a ROM is in fact a ROM, but left/right scrolling should be easy to add.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - sindrik - 08-27-2015

(08-26-2015, 11:27 PM)endrift Wrote: Ooh, I hadn't thought of left/right scrolling. I added key repeat, and also verifying that a ROM is in fact a ROM, but left/right scrolling should be easy to add.

Thanks! This was really slowing me down when testing as many games as i could in every build.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - fox_whisper85 - 08-27-2015

Hi, hope it's okay to provide my test results from the Wii port the other day :3

ROMs test so far, using the latest alpha build -

Mother 3 (English ) - Full speed, even in battle, so timing hits is now possible and the speed doesn't chug down
Golden Sun 2 - Full speed as well in the tower and outside of the tower, didn't get into a battle yet, will test next time
Iridion II - Also full speed, framerate drops a bit during the story/arcade selection, but the level and ship selection, perfect
Final Fantasy V Advance - Also full speed, even in battle, something other GBA Wii emulators can't do
Final Fantasy VI - This game was badly ported (rushed) and suffers more than other ROMs in terms of speed and audio crackling

Aside from the audio crackling, this is shaping up to be a fantastic emulator, and I wish to thank you for your hard work, I'll be doing more
thorough testing today Smile

RE: Official mGBA Ports - Blitzkrieg - 08-27-2015

I just registered there to thank you so much for your efforts. Waiting there the 3ds port so bad Big Grin