Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
Hi i'm using mGBA version 0.5 for PS Vita. I saw the changelog that you already added cheat support for 0.4 but i can't figure out how to use/add cheat for Vita version.

None of the console ports support cheats at the moment, unfortunately.

Hi there!
I downloaded the latest 3DS CIA nightly available as of this time of writing (Oct 8th 2016) and I seem to be having an issue with the saves.
I (for the likes of me) cannot seem to find where the app is storing the saves (if it does).
I looked around the ROM path, the mGBA folder, but nothing.

I made a quick save and reloaded the game, but the save file was clean, the save I made previously was not there nor being loaded.
I'm not sure but it might be a bug with the 3DS version not making the save files for the games.
I tested with Super Mario Advance 4 and Kirby's Dream Land 2.

Also, for the 3DS, is there a way to specify the path for savefiles just like with the Wii version?
savefilePath="/Something" ?

Thanks in advance!
Love your work, endrift Smile

The setting that applies to the Wii version also applies to the 3DS version, except under [ports.3ds] instead of [ports.wii]. I'm not sure why the saves aren't being found though. By default it should be right next to the ROM.

Hello. I have some small and not-really-important requests/suggestions for the GUI (I use the Wii port):

- Could you make it so that when you are at the end of a list of games or options, if you press down you go back to the beggining (and vice-versa)?
- Could you make the font compatible with written accents (like in Pokémon) so that they are shown correctly instead of being replaced with a question mark (Pok?mon)?

Thanks and good bye.

quick request, i would like to map the c buttons for other functions such as fast forward and exit on the gc controller, but they are not available to use

(10-22-2016, 01:26 AM)justjack Wrote: Hello. I have some small and not-really-important requests/suggestions for the GUI (I use the Wii port):

- Could you make it so that when you are at the end of a list of games or options, if you press down you go back to the beggining (and vice-versa)?
- Could you make the font compatible with written accents (like in Pokémon) so that they are shown correctly instead of being replaced with a question mark (Pok?mon)?

Thanks and good bye.
In theory I can do the first one, but I'm not so sure how it would be for usability. I'd have to test it out a bit first. As for the second one, that would require expanding the font quite a bit, which might be pretty time consuming. I can take a look when I do another round of ports work.

(11-06-2016, 02:28 AM)sindrik Wrote: quick request, i would like to map the c buttons for other functions such as fast forward and exit on the gc controller, but they are not available to use
That's been planned for a while, but I haven't gotten around to doing more port-related clean up yet.

Hi is there any possible way to make in-game saves for GBA games on vita load? Save states are working just fine but when I save in-game or even try to add in a different save manually it never loads/recognizes the save.. the game that needs this function for post-game content is megaman battle network as the game doesn't recognize a save state as beating the final boss and it never loads the save in-game.

Hope you are able to understand that, it's a bit hard to explain the problem correctly.

That's supposed to work, but I keep getting reports of it being broken. I've never been able to reproduce it. Can you please upload a savestate from right before a save?

(11-14-2016, 02:24 AM)endrift Wrote: That's supposed to work, but I keep getting reports of it being broken. I've never been able to reproduce it. Can you please upload a savestate from right before a save?

I'm getting this in super mario bros 3 all the time, my rom is patched with the 32 card reader levels, I can provide you a zip with all the files together to see what I mean.