Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emulator breaks when trying to load a save file
(in fire red rev 1) I can load the rom and play normally with a constant 60fps and about 300 when fast forwarding as usual

however, when trying to load a save file, the game simply freezes. Audio still plays, but the game runs at 30-40 fps with increased cpu usage and the game is completely frozen with no way of playing it. This didn't happen before, and the only thing that I assume could've changed something is the fact that I recently started using a DS emulator in this same PC. When trying to reset the rom after trying to load a save file, a blank, white screen appears with no audio playing whatsoever and no keys work

Please upload the save file and I will investigate

(10-25-2019, 03:55 PM)endrift Wrote: Please upload the save file and I will investigate

I'm not allowed to upload .sav files

Zip it

(10-26-2019, 09:56 PM)endrift Wrote: Zip it

I'm getting a 413 error everytime I try to upload it

Hm, that means it's too big. How big is it after zipping?

(10-26-2019, 11:20 PM)endrift Wrote: Hm, that means it's too big. How big is it after zipping?

it's literally 5mbs

Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.

(10-27-2019, 01:00 AM)endrift Wrote: Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.

it IS 128kb until I zip it, which is when it becomes 5mb for whatever reason

(10-27-2019, 01:00 AM)endrift Wrote: Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.

nevermind, I figured it out: it was including the gba file in the .zip because it had the exact same name

attached is the save file

Attached Files
.zip   Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1) save.zip (Size: 13.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Which option are you using to load it? It seems to mostly work fine for me.