mGBA Forums

Full Version: emulator breaks when trying to load a save file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(in fire red rev 1) I can load the rom and play normally with a constant 60fps and about 300 when fast forwarding as usual

however, when trying to load a save file, the game simply freezes. Audio still plays, but the game runs at 30-40 fps with increased cpu usage and the game is completely frozen with no way of playing it. This didn't happen before, and the only thing that I assume could've changed something is the fact that I recently started using a DS emulator in this same PC. When trying to reset the rom after trying to load a save file, a blank, white screen appears with no audio playing whatsoever and no keys work
Please upload the save file and I will investigate
(10-25-2019, 03:55 PM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Please upload the save file and I will investigate

I'm not allowed to upload .sav files
Zip it
(10-26-2019, 09:56 PM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Zip it

I'm getting a 413 error everytime I try to upload it
Hm, that means it's too big. How big is it after zipping?
(10-26-2019, 11:20 PM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, that means it's too big. How big is it after zipping?

it's literally 5mbs
Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.
(10-27-2019, 01:00 AM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.

it IS 128kb until I zip it, which is when it becomes 5mb for whatever reason

(10-27-2019, 01:00 AM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Save files should not be 5 MB. They should at most be 128 kB. Something weird happened on your end.

nevermind, I figured it out: it was including the gba file in the .zip because it had the exact same name

attached is the save file
Which option are you using to load it? It seems to mostly work fine for me.
Pages: 1 2