Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
(03-14-2016, 05:06 PM)ShadowOne333 Wrote: I just tested the last download available from mgba.io (Wii).
I can say that the Wii port doesn't have the stretch mode to fill the entire screen like it did previously, and also GB games are not loading either, I get "Load failed!" (made a quick test with Metroid II and castlevania Legends).

GB games do load in the nightlies.

I'll use this chance to mention something: when you load a GBA game first and then a GB game, you can see the GBA game on the background.

(03-14-2016, 09:03 PM)justjack Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 05:06 PM)ShadowOne333 Wrote: I just tested the last download available from mgba.io (Wii).
I can say that the Wii port doesn't have the stretch mode to fill the entire screen like it did previously, and also GB games are not loading either, I get "Load failed!" (made a quick test with Metroid II and castlevania Legends).

GB games do load in the nightlies.

I'll use this chance to mention something: when you load a GBA game first and then a GB game, you can see the GBA game on the background.

And what of the video stretch mode? Is that broken still? 

(03-14-2016, 03:17 AM)endrift Wrote: Edit the file mGBA/config.ini and add the following line to the [ports.wii] section:

savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/

And it should load saves from that directory instead of the ROM folder.

Thanks for the reply Smile
I tested with the Current download (0.4.0 wii version) and it does not work the save path
However, with the latest nightly builds works fine , the problem with this is the sound emulation it is not on par with the current version (0.4.0 Current download)
In golden sun for example, the sound in battle when selected "fight" not is correct in the latest nightly builds and is fine in the current download version (0.4.0)

Weird that it doesn't work in 0.4.0. I might need to check why. I also need to fix some audio regressions from the GB audio refactor, but I haven't found all of them yet.

Thanks for you job and dedication.
Good luck (Y)

I apologize.

I didn't realize that I was using the 0.4.0 over and over again.
Previously, I downloaded the latest build from just clicking on "Wii" at the Download section, I didn't realize that there was ANOTHER download just below for the nightlies.

Dumb me haha.

Anyway, I already tried the latest one, here are my results for the Wii build:

1) Gameboy games boot now, (Gameboy COolor games do too!)
The only weird thing is that when I boot one GB/GBC game the lower portion of the screen appears all glitchy, the part below the actual gameplay size. I am using Stretched mode for the record. There's a little fuzzy sound for GB/GBC games too, but I think you're already aware of it.

2) I don't know if its a bug or not, I chaged the default input method to Classic Controller and switched A and B to Y and B, saved the config in both inside the Input menu and in the main menu too, but when I switch games, the configuration seems to default.

3) I am getting a boxed output instead of full screen with Streched in the menu.

Out of that I think that's pretty much it.
I'm amazed that the Gameboy Color games actually booted, I wasn't expecting that. Tongue
The only suggestion I'd give is to add a way to detect GBC mode for GB games so that they show up in color.

Hope I'm not bothering you too much about this feedback, endrift.
I just want to be of help. Tongue

(03-21-2016, 03:53 PM)ShadowOne333 Wrote: I apologize.

I didn't realize that I was using the 0.4.0 over and over again.
Previously, I downloaded the latest build from just clicking on "Wii" at the Download section, I didn't realize that there was ANOTHER download just below for the nightlies.

Dumb me haha.

Anyway, I already tried the latest one, here are my results for the Wii build:

1) Gameboy games boot now, (Gameboy COolor games do too!)
The only weird thing is that when I boot one GB/GBC game the lower portion of the screen appears all glitchy, the part below the actual gameplay size. I am using Stretched mode for the record. There's a little fuzzy sound for GB/GBC games too, but I think you're already aware of it.

2) I don't know if its a bug or not, I chaged the default input method to Classic Controller and switched A and B to Y and B, saved the config in both inside the Input menu and in the main menu too, but when I switch games, the configuration seems to default.

3) I am getting a boxed output instead of full screen with Streched in the menu.

Out of that I think that's pretty much it.
I'm amazed that the Gameboy Color games actually booted, I wasn't expecting that. Tongue
The only suggestion I'd give is to add a way to detect GBC mode for GB games so that they show up in color.

Hope I'm not bothering you too much about this feedback, endrift.
I just want to be of help. Tongue

I think endrift might be perfecting GB emulation first, later on there could be a menu option where you select the kind of machine you want to use for the game, out of the 3 options: GB, GBC, SGB, which means each could use its unique features.

(03-14-2016, 03:17 AM)endrift Wrote: Edit the file mGBA/config.ini and add the following line to the [ports.wii] section:

savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/

And it should load saves from that directory instead of the ROM folder.

Thanks for this, it made browsing and selecting games easier, sav files are not on the way anymore Cool

Quote:savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/
Is there a similar option for the ROM path?
So that mGBA looks into a particular folder each time it boots instead of the SD's root?

No.

look, everybody picks too much on every little tiny thing about the wii interface
if you think you can make a better interface then you most certainly can, the source is available - enhanced mGBA already exists actually

I think Endrift prefers to focus more on the cores of the systems, rather than addressing every superficial concern about the wii

tho if Im speaking out of line here Endrift, then I apologize