Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
Amazing job with the 3DS port ! there's so much potential in this project, the best gba emulator current homebrew has ! Tested: Megaman Zero 1, it worked perfectly crashed during the full screen zero drawing picture.

(09-04-2015, 02:06 AM)fox_whisper85 Wrote: I see that my questions have been ignored regarding the Wii standalone port's audio crackle. Apparently, the Libretro core on RetroArch Wii fares better, but 32 MB ROMs are broken, so, a new thread it is.

C'est la vie.

Sorry, not intentional. I mostly skim through the thread and then reply at other times when I have a bit more time, so I might miss some posts.

(09-04-2015, 06:45 AM)endrift Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 02:06 AM)fox_whisper85 Wrote: I see that my questions have been ignored regarding the Wii standalone port's audio crackle. Apparently, the Libretro core on RetroArch Wii fares better, but 32 MB ROMs are broken, so, a new thread it is.

C'est la vie.

Sorry, not intentional. I mostly skim through the thread and then reply at other times when I have a bit more time, so I might miss some posts.

My apologies, just making sure all is well, keep up the good work  Smile

On the latest 09/04 nightly of the 3DS port when you fullscreen a game the image looks distorted, as if the pixels were sand and you blew on them. It's also way more distorted on the top screen. Here's an album with comparisons: http://imgur.com/a/EpPvL.

Known issue. It's a problem with how the 3DS does nearest neighbor resampling, I think. I'd need to make (more) changes to sf2dlib, or abandon it entirely, to fix that. I'm planning on doing the latter, hopefully soon.

(09-04-2015, 08:42 PM)endrift Wrote: Known issue. It's a problem with how the 3DS does nearest neighbor resampling, I think. I'd need to make (more) changes to sf2dlib, or abandon it entirely, to fix that. I'm planning on doing the latter, hopefully soon.

Alright. I figured you would have seen that, pretty hard to miss. Tongue  Looking forward to it! 

In n3ds It seems to crash less, at least it didnt crash the last time i tried it.
On the other hand it runs more slowly now. Tested it with pokemon fire red.

(09-04-2015, 08:52 PM)sebauy Wrote: In n3ds It seems to crash less, at least it didnt crash the last time i tried it.

Putting it on the top screen seems to make it have some trouble. Also if you've loaded a game, exited, then loaded another it might make it slower. Try quitting to Launcher and going back to mGBA, that might make emulation faster.

(09-04-2015, 09:43 PM)730 Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 08:52 PM)sebauy Wrote: In n3ds It seems to crash less, at least it didnt crash the last time i tried it.

Putting it on the top screen seems to make it have some trouble. Also if you've loaded a game, exited, then loaded another it might make it slower. Try quitting to Launcher and going back to mGBA, that might make emulation faster.

I started another game before thet one, maybe thats the reason, i will try later.

I can't believe how good this is already, sound issues are already seeing great improvement and speed is great in many games. This honestly isn't too much polish away from being great and fully usable. Just need to be able to rebind buttons so I can use B and Y for the GBA's A and B buttons, and the last cleaning up of audio, as well as cleaning up the previously mentioned sandy picture issue.

Minish Cap is dangerously close to being completely playable and I'm so excited that I can finally say that.

Aria of Sorrow is dare I say already playable, aside from minor slowdowns and little glitches. This makes me very happy. It's finally happening!