Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupted Save State
I've been using mGBA for a few years now and I like to use save states alongside the actual save because saving to the .sav file does not always work.

This method and save states have been life savers on some occasions and I have never had a problem until now.

I am playing Pokemon Scorched Silver and out of nowhere my save state corrupted.

It seems to be just the state in the first slot and I have another state in the second created from the last position the actual save was on BTW which did not save where I had the corrupted save state, this is the reason I use both.

Fortunately, all I really lost was almost 1.6k coins from spamming the roulette in the Goldenrod Game Corner but that is still a lot of time I spent for nothing.

Is there a way to fix a corrupted save state?

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-07-22 200216.png (Size: 160.41 KB / Downloads: 2)

Can you upload the save state so I can take a look at it?

(07-23-2024, 04:58 AM)endrift Wrote: Can you upload the save state so I can take a look at it?

It seems I can't. A banner pops up that says the file is empty. Sad

Well that would explain why it's corrupt. I guess it got truncated somehow. Unfortunately I can't do much with an empty file.

(07-23-2024, 06:04 AM)endrift Wrote: Well that would explain why it's corrupt. I guess it got truncated somehow. Unfortunately I can't do much with an empty file.

Welp thanx anyway.