Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games don't run if there's already a .SAV file in the directory
Sad 
Hello everyone,

Title basically descibes the problem I'm having.

So I set my game save paths to a specific folder, instead of the same directory as ROM, like ..\ROMs\Save Files\GameBoy Saves\.

However, there are games that I have played on VBA to which I already have saves in the same folder, and mGBA simply won't run the games and identify those saves as the appropriate ones to be used. The files are named correctly (game.gba and game.sav)

Does anyone know what might be going on here?
Is there a step I need to take that I haven't and therefore causing the issue? But shouldn't the emulator just pickup the save file and run with it?

What's going on is that it's looking in the configured save directory, not the same folder, so it doesn't find it. You have to put them in the right place.

(10-08-2023, 04:19 AM)endrift Wrote: What's going on is that it's looking in the configured save directory, not the same folder, so it doesn't find it. You have to put them in the right place.

You mean in the Settings > Paths?
Yes, that's done. mGBA does create save files in the folder I configured in the Paths submenu, but it does not *start* games if there's a .sav file already there (which it didn't create itself) before it runs the ROM.

So you mean it doesn't load the save, or just the game won't run at all for some reason?

(10-09-2023, 05:55 AM)endrift Wrote: So you mean it doesn't load the save, or just the game won't run at all for some reason?

The games just won't run at all.

Does it give an error? Just a white screen? Does the UI just do nothing?

(10-09-2023, 09:40 PM)endrift Wrote: Does it give an error? Just a white screen? Does the UI just do nothing?

Nothing happens at all. It just stays there as is.

So, you go to open the file from the file browser, and when you hit ok nothing happens at all? That's a new one to me.