Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[3DS] Is the .CIA supposed to perform better than .3DSX?
This is all with v0.9.0 on an original 3DS tested with the title screen of Pokemon Pinball (the Game Boy Color game) and in-game was tested by just holding the pinball in place with the left flipper on the blue table (easily achieved if you hold both flippers up at the very beginning - the pinball will settle on the left flipper).

With the .3DSX version, performance bounced around 57-58fps on the title screen while in-game the framerate was ~53fps.

However, when using the .CIA version, the very same title screen goes no lower than 59.80 fps. In-game the framerate was ~56fps.

Is this expected behavior?

It's not expected behavior but it has been known to happen at times. I'm assuming you're running the .3DSX version with Rosalina, not *hax?

If it makes you feel any better, Snes9x seems to do the same thing (full speed with CIA vs ~55fps with 3DSX).

(04-12-2021, 09:07 PM)endrift Wrote: I'm assuming you're running the .3DSX version with Rosalina

I believe it's luma3ds cfw with rosalina menu, though I launch the 3DSX version through the homebrew launcher.

For reference I basically just followed the "3ds.hacks.guide" walkthrough and nothing else.

It should say on the homebrew launcher if it's using Rosalina or *hax.

If Snes9x is doing the same thing it makes me even more curious, but I suppose less concerned.

(04-14-2021, 08:34 AM)endrift Wrote: It should say on the homebrew launcher if it's using Rosalina or *hax.

Ah yes, it's using Rosalina v2.2.0.