Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the save/save state directory
(05-29-2016, 12:12 AM)endrift Wrote: I can't know if it's broken if I haven't been looking at it. Always let me know these things so I know to look at them!

E] Crash fixed, will work fine in the next nightly.

Right, I know that, my deepest apologies, I'll test the next nightly build and then run GB/GBC games, if I get a code dump for some reason,  I'll take a screenshot of it. 

Sorry for the double post, but has the screen stretching been fixed at all? If not, I might have to file a bug report on GitHub along with screenshots showing the issue.

I've been trying to get mGBA to use the same Saves folder as VBAGX, and no matter what I did I just can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm adding savegamePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ and savestatePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ but know mater what I do when I load up a game my saves aren't there. Can anyone help me?

Are there any plans to let you select save paths in the emulator itself? I hate having to edit config files.

(05-25-2018, 09:48 PM)HeavyMetalLoser Wrote: I've been trying to get mGBA to use the same Saves folder as VBAGX, and no matter what I did I just can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm adding savegamePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ and savestatePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ but know mater what I do when I load up a game my saves aren't there. Can anyone help me?
Can I see what your config file looks like?
(05-25-2018, 09:48 PM)HeavyMetalLoser Wrote: Are there any plans to let you select save paths in the emulator itself? I hate having to edit config files.
Yes, when I do the GUI revamp, which I've started on.

(05-25-2018, 10:11 PM)endrift Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 09:48 PM)HeavyMetalLoser Wrote: I've been trying to get mGBA to use the same Saves folder as VBAGX, and no matter what I did I just can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm adding savegamePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ and savestatePath=sd:/vbagx/saves/ but know mater what I do when I load up a game my saves aren't there. Can anyone help me?
Can I see what your config file looks like?
(05-25-2018, 09:48 PM)HeavyMetalLoser Wrote: Are there any plans to let you select save paths in the emulator itself? I hate having to edit config files.
Yes, when I do the GUI revamp, which I've started on.

I've already reverted back to the config I was using before I tried to set up the file paths. Maybe you could show me exactly where I have to put the directory text? My current config is:

[gui.input.GCN1]
keyDecrease solar brightness=-1
keyTake screenshot=-1
keyCancel=4
keyBack=9
keyRight=1
keyScreen mode=-1
keyUp=3
keyLeft=0
keyFast forward=-1
keySelect=8
keyIncrease solar brightness=-1
keyDown=2

[gui.input.WIIC]
keyTake screenshot=-1
keyCancel=27
keyBack=22
keyRight=31
keyScreen mode=-1
keyUp=16
keyLeft=17
keyFast forward=18
keySelect=20
keyDown=30

[gui.input.GCN2]
keyTake screenshot=-1
keyCancel=-1
keyBack=-1
keyRight=-1
keyScreen mode=-1
keyUp=-1
keyLeft=-1
keyFast forward=-1
keySelect=-1
keyDown=-1

[gba.input.GCN2]
keyB=-1
keyStart=-1
keyRight=-1
keyA=-1
keyLeft=-1
keyUp=-1
keySelect=11
keyR=-1
keyL=-1
keyDown=-1

[ports.wii]
videoMode=0
*REMAP=3
fpsCounter=0
frameskip=0
useBios=1
screenMode=1
filter=2
stretchHeight=0.95
stretchWidth=0.85
lastDirectory=sd:/vbagx/roms/

[gui.input.WIIM]
keyTake screenshot=-1
keyCancel=7
keyBack=1
keyRight=10
keyScreen mode=-1
keyUp=9
keyLeft=11
keyFast forward=-1
keySelect=0
keyDown=8

[gba.input.GCN1]
keyB=9
axisUpAxis=+1
keyStart=12
axisUpValue=32
keyRight=1
keyA=8
keyLeft=0
keyUp=3
keySelect=4
keyR=5
keyL=6
axisRightAxis=+0
axisDownAxis=-1
axisLeftValue=-32
axisRightValue=32
axisDownValue=-32
keyDown=2
axisLeftAxis=-0

[gba.input.WIIC]
keyB=21
axisUpAxis=+1
keyStart=26
axisUpValue=32
keyRight=31
keyA=22
keyLeft=17
keyUp=16
keySelect=28
keyR=25
keyL=29
axisRightAxis=+0
axisDownAxis=-1
axisLeftValue=-32
axisRightValue=32
axisDownValue=-32
keyDown=30
axisLeftAxis=-0

[gba.input.WIIM]
keyB=1
keyStart=12
keyRight=10
keyA=0
keyLeft=11
keyUp=9
keySelect=4
keyR=3
keyL=2
keyDown=8

While it's nice an neat here, in notepad it's just a big wall of text. Is there a better way to edit it?

Yeah, it needs to be in the [ports.wii] section specifically.

Try using Notepad++ or something like Sublime Text that recognizes unix-style line endings.

(05-26-2018, 05:20 AM)endrift Wrote: Yeah, it needs to be in the [ports.wii] section specifically.

Try using Notepad++ or something like Sublime Text that recognizes unix-style line endings.
Woohoo! I got it working! Thanks for suggesting Notepad++, made seeing what I was doing wrong SO much easier! Now my game list isn't cluttered with a million save and state files, and I can seamlessly switch between mGBA and VBAGX since they now use the same saves folder.

By the way, are there any plans to implement separate stretch settings for Gameboy/Gameboy Color and GBA? Cause while my current settings GBA games are within 1% of their correct aspect ratio while filling as much as my screen as possible, Gameboy and Gameboy Color games are too fat.