Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GB and GBC support on wii
Is the wii version able to run Gameboy and Gameboy Color roms? While I can run GBA roms perfectly, GB and GBC roms cause a stack dump.

You're using 0.5.1, right? Game Boy games are not working in that version. Try the 18/10 nightly.

...Why did no one tell me they're broken in 0.5.1?

Since this thread is about GB and GBC support, I might as well just ask here.

I noticed that some original GameBoy games which do have some custom palettes for them when ran through GBC/GBA mode are always booted up in black and white.
I was wondering if there is a way to actually make them boot in colour?

Some examples of these games are Donkey Kong, Metroid II and Kirby's Dream Land, both for the original GameBoy.

Those palettes are managed by the GBC bootrom, not by the game itself. There isn't a good way to configure this at the moment, though.

(10-27-2016, 06:44 PM)endrift Wrote: Those palettes are managed by the GBC bootrom, not by the game itself. There isn't a good way to configure this at the moment, though.

Oh so it's handled by the GameBoy Color BIOS ROM?
That explains it, I'll wait for when that comes. Smile

Thanks for your work!

I take it no one was arsed to bother making a GitHub report on the GB/GBC ROM issue?

Someone made an issue, and then I closed it because I'd already fixed it

I just tried the 2016-12-20 Wii Nightly and the GB/GBC games still make mGBA crash. I was going to start a thread but I saw this one existed already.

I haven't updated for some months until today (now that I have some time), so I didn't know about it. On the other hand I see that screenshots seem to work fine again (at least with the GBA games I tried), which is great.

Weird. I know I fixed it at some point. Maybe I forgot to commit it?