Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble Installing Update
Hey.

I have been using mGBA for a few years now with no issues but I have become aware that the version I have been using is out of date and am unable to install the most current update because it wants to install it to an old flash drive I no longer use.

Some time ago, I bought a new flash drive because the previous one was getting to be around a couple of years old and I did not want to chance losing my game files to corruption, something I have experienced in the past with an aging flash drive.

The new drive is the exact same one but somehow it is read as F:/ whereas the old drive was E:/ and the mGBA update wants to install to E:/.

(It also won't allow me to delete the old mGBA version because it's associated with the old drive, a problem I should be able to solve later, I think I should still have the old drive but I am moving in about a month so it's packed away, I am living in a stupid staged set-up right now with little more than my laptop and a few clothes).

How do I change the destination location to the new drive? Or perhaps my laptop's drive to avoid this hassle again in the future.

(side note: I prefer to keep games on external drives to save space on my laptop).

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-06-03 174133.png (Size: 35.86 KB / Downloads: 1)
.png   Screenshot 2024-06-03 180957.png (Size: 35.34 KB / Downloads: 1)

This *should* be fixed in the latest development build now.

(06-04-2024, 04:21 AM)endrift Wrote: This *should* be fixed in the latest development build now.

What does that mean?

It means it was a bug and it should be fixed in the latest updater update, which is in the development builds. The development builds can be downloaded at the bottom of the downloads page.

(06-04-2024, 06:18 AM)endrift Wrote: It means it was a bug and it should be fixed in the latest updater update, which is in the development builds. The development builds can be downloaded at the bottom of the downloads page.

Alright I found it and downloaded it but when I click the application nothing happens.
Please bear with me, I am not savvy at this level and have never heard of this development builds thing before. I have no idea what it is or how it is supposed to work.