Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Types
I just recently started using mGBA and I downloaded Theta Emerald to play. I saved it to save slot 1 and when I went to play on it, it was gone. I checked my files and noticed there was a save but it was the wrong file type. It was a .sav file. I was wondering if there is any way I could play on that save state again.

.sav is entirely unrelated to save states. Do you have mGBA configured to use a path other than the default for save states?

(08-01-2023, 12:03 AM)endrift Wrote: .sav is entirely unrelated to save states. Do you have mGBA configured to use a path other than the default for save states?

I have all the paths on default settings.

(08-01-2023, 12:03 AM)endrift Wrote: .sav is entirely unrelated to save states. Do you have mGBA configured to use a path other than the default for save states?

I just started a new file and it worked fine. The only thing I did different was that last time I opened the game from a file inside the .zip file I downloaded.

This might be related to a bug that was fixed a few weeks ago. Can you install a development version and try that?