Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to integrate Wanderbar with mGBA, but need some advice
Question 
Thanks to your suggestion, I've got 0.7.0 compiled and running now. I'm way out of my league with this level of abstraction/threading/callbacks though, so I've spent the last week trying to solve the puzzle.

Basically, each time a CPU instruction is run, I specifically need for GBAApp to be notified. I've gotten it so CoreController is notified each time an instruction is executed, but I don't know how to pass it upward to GBAApp. For reference, here's basically where I am now - this is the callback I added to CoreController.cpp, and it gets called as intended:

Code:
// WANDERBAR ADDITION
m_threadContext.instructionCallback = [](mCoreThread* context) {
    CoreController* controller = static_cast<CoreController*>(context->userData);

// obviously this doesn't work but I basically just want to pass word on up to GBAApp that an instruction has just been executed
    bool t = QMetaObject::invokeMethod(GBAApp, "instructionHasRunSoSendMessagePlease");
};

My hunch is that what I'm asking is crazy and/or not possible, but I hope I'm wrong. Do you have any suggestions/advice? I'm so way in over my head hereĀ  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to integrate Wanderbar with mGBA, but need some advice - by Mato - 03-01-2019, 08:51 AM