Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of problems
Hi!

I updated my version of mGBA for the Wii, and while it has many great features (The stretching options are fantastic, it looks great!) I've encountered a couple problems:

For one, screenshots seem to be broken. I took several shots of different games and all of them look corrupted. I attached a couple of screen shots of two different games.

Also, when loading a save state, the colors of the game would corrupt and look just like the screenshots. I saw this happening with Ninja-Five O. It also seems to go away when the palettes are changed ingame.

Could this be because of the new visual options? In earlier versions the screenshots where fine.

Lastly, I wanted to ask about something that probably has no priority at all:

The GBC game Daiku no Gensan freezes in a certain moment on stage 1-4. This happens with most emulators that I've tried, both on Wii and PC. The only one where it worked fine was VBA PC, and GnuBoy on Wii (But it's pretty outdated). It happens while going up on an elevator with a block that you need to continue the stage.

I tried several supposedly different dumps ("verified good dumps" and others that didn't have that remark), and it happens with all of them. Looking at the files through hex editors, these files are identical.

The question is, what would you need if you wanted at some point to look at that problem? Save states and a SRAM file made with mGBA, I guess, but anything more?

I'm sure this has very little importance compared to other matters, but I just wanted to ask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, I'll look into it, although no guarantees on how soon.

As for the screenshots, I'll need to look into that before I release 0.5.0. I can probably do that later today.

(09-18-2016, 06:50 PM)endrift Wrote: Yes, I'll look into it, although no guarantees on how soon.

As for the screenshots, I'll need to look into that before I release 0.5.0. I can probably do that later today.

Thank you for the quick response.

You don't need to hurry at all for the GBC matter, I know it's not very important. I will prepare a couple of save states and a Sram on a RAR file and attach it here after I finish a couple things I'm doing right now.

Edit: Adding a Rar file containin a SRAM save file (.Sav) and two save states, one is seconds before the freeze, the other is already frozen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suyhnoflcsx4hy...n.rar?dl=0

Because of how the game works, the SRAM file can be useful because it's saved just in the very room this problem occurs.