Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real-time Clock
Is RTC a thing in this version? I haven't been able to get the clock to run on various Pokemon roms and hacks. Also haven't had any frame rate issues so far for hacks like Crystal Dust, Liquid Crystal, and both Dark Rising hacks however some audio distortion is noticeable at the beginnings as emulation is starting. This is amazing to be able to carry these things around on my vita I love the work.

I also got this RTC problem with Pokemon Liquid Crystal.
Actually I'm using the mGBA on the Vita and if you open the emulator settings there is a clock displayed at the top center, but this time is 2h behind the actual clock of the vita. That'S a bit odd.
It would be awesome to have the RTC feature in this emulator working.

EDIT:
I did some research and found a solution on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenEmu/comment...d_crystal/

This tutorial is working for me Wink

That tutorial on reddit is 100% accurate, and my recommended solution for getting it to work on every version of mGBA.

(09-21-2016, 11:35 PM)endrift Wrote: That tutorial on reddit is 100% accurate, and my recommended solution for getting it to work on every version of mGBA.

Hello, I'm trying to play that romhack too -PKMN Liquid Crystal- but it requires RTC so I try to add a section in config.ini like this:

[override.BPRE]
hardware=HW_RTC
mirroring=false
savetype=SAVEDATA_FLASH1M
idleLoop=IDLE_LOOP_NONE

This will avoid using hex editing, but it's not working, any help? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

Don't put the mirroring, savetype or idleLoop bits there, and set hardware=1

(09-27-2016, 07:27 PM)endrift Wrote: Don't put the mirroring, savetype or idleLoop bits there, and set hardware=1

Worked like a charm, thanks!!

Tested on Win64 and Wii version 0.5.0!!

(09-21-2016, 11:35 PM)endrift Wrote: That tutorial on reddit is 100% accurate, and my recommended solution for getting it to work on every version of mGBA.

Confirming! Followed the guidelines carefully to make mGBA work properly.