Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Recompilation Progress Update
Hi there,

First of all I'd just like to say I love the work you're doing for 3DS GBA emulation! I'm currently using an N3DS XL with CFW installed, and want to find an emulation experience that is as close as possible to the real thing. Retroarch is just way to buggy, so I can't use it reliably. VC injection is good, but the RTC doesn't seem to work for the pokemon games. Finally, mGBA is great in all of the above departments, but lacks in performance (at least for Emerald).

Are you able to provide an update as to whether or not you've had any success beginning the implementation of a dynamic recompiler for mGBA? Or is this something that you're not looking at anymore?

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Alex

There's a little bit of a dynamic recompiler implementation floating around on one of the branches, but it doesn't really do much yet and is definitely not faster than the stock interpreter. It's on the backburner at the moment, but I do intend to get back to it at some point.

Great, thanks for the update! This might be a stupid question, but did you have any ETA on when there might a working implementation of this?

No ETA at the moment, sorry.