Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilation on Windows
Hello Folks,

I'm currently no good at these Cmake and make stuffs for compilation, I only use VS for compilation. but when I decided to compile windows build for Mgba it seems that VS support is not available right now  Sad

so, I'm having a bit of problems in compilation. I'll explain it in steps : (I followed the steps at Github)

step 1:
Code:
pacman -Sy mingw-w64-i686-{cmake,ffmpeg,gcc,gdb,imagemagick,libzip,pkg-config,qt5,SDL2}

got all the dependencies as according to the code.

step 2:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba.git

I had already did this step on Git-shell.

step 3:
Code:
cd mgba

after some research, it seems that this code goes to the directory of the mgba source code, did it properly.

step 4:
Code:
mkdir build

This make a new folder called build, It was a success,

step 5:
Code:
cd build

Enters into build, no problem for now. Smile

step 6:
Code:
cmake .. -G "MSYS Makefiles"

here's where the problem starts, after entering this virtually nothing happens. Sad

I expected it to produce some message but, it didn't do anything.

step 7:
Code:
make

after step 7, it produced this error message:  make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

apparently it was because cmake didn't work properly, any input for help is appreciated. Smile

Weird, I tested these exact steps when writing the readme just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. The cmake command gives exactly no output? What does the ls command say when you're in that directory?

(09-04-2015, 06:47 AM)endrift Wrote: What does the ls command say when you're in that directory?

It gives the following result,

Code:
bash: 1s: command not found

anything wrong on my side ? sorry new to this sort of compilation.

Quote:Weird, I tested these exact steps when writing the readme just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. The cmake command gives exactly no output?
Yes

el es, not one es. Like "list" without i or t. The font's a but funky, sorry.

(09-04-2015, 07:31 AM)endrift Wrote: el es, not one es. Like "list" without i or t. The font's a but funky, sorry.

Apologies, Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding.

I tried "ls" command on build directory and it doesn't do anything (same as the cmake command). No message after that Sad

trying on the mgba directory produced a result though,

Code:
build    CMakeLists.txt   doc      PORTING.md  res  tools
CHANGES  CONTRIBUTING.md  LICENSE  README.md   src  version.cmake

Thanks for the help so far !

cmake still doesn't produce any results though, any ideas ?

sorry for urging you, those bots must have been a nightmare yesterday.