Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Add a Extra Menu to mGBA
Lightbulb 
Hello i'm new here.
I can able to do this using on Nestopia and Bzsnes.

[Image: Sem_T_tulo.png]

It is possible to add this extra menu on the next update?
It will help everyone to save space GB on a MSDXC to play a few games like hacks and clones.

Compressed Full Set 6 GB using 7z.
Uncompressed Full Set 65GB using gba.

File - Open Rom - .7z - Chosse File - Ok.

Thanks. Wink

Seems reasonable. I'll see what I can do.

(10-23-2015, 04:03 PM)endrift Wrote: Seems reasonable. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you so much.
This is just only i want. Wink
There is a nother emu it does this, but the creator just abandoned the project.
You can grab the emu here: http://emu-russia.net/en/dl_files/emus/0...s_0.3.0.7z
It works, but less games are working, like Ed, Edd n Eddy Jawbreakers. Undecided

Ah, loading an individual file inside a 7-zip solid archive of similar files. Fun.

Just a fair word of warning ... when I tried this, loading a single game from "Super Mario World.7z" would consume nearly 2GiB of memory.

GBA games are even larger, but I don't think there's anything in the world quite like the SMW hacking community, so you'll probably be able to get away with a lot less. But all the same, you may want to be careful on RAM allocation boundaries on the more limited systems you support (eg 3DS, assuming you have a file loader there.) You should prepare for the worst case that you'll need RAM equal to the size of the entire uncompressed 7-zip archive to load a game from it.

I am fortunately not using libarchive, which when used wrong would lead to this sort of thing. Unfortunately, since I'm not using libarchive, I can't actually do 7z loading on the 3DS. I've had trouble getting it working at all, and libzip seems kind of unhappy on the 3DS, which is holding up that feature.

(10-24-2015, 09:22 PM)endrift Wrote: I am fortunately not using libarchive, which when used wrong would lead to this sort of thing. Unfortunately, since I'm not using libarchive, I can't actually do 7z loading on the 3DS. I've had trouble getting it working at all, and libzip seems kind of unhappy on the 3DS, which is holding up that feature.

Hmm, libzip says it's only for ZIP.

If you're okay with just ZIP and GZ support, please check out nall/decode/inflate.hpp in my source.
Link: https://gitlab.com/higan/higan/blob/mast...nflate.hpp

This is an INFLATE implementation in < 8KiB of code (around ~250 lines of actual code.) It's heavily based on zlib's minizip, so you'll probably want to mark it as "zlib licensed." It's not the fastest in the world (about 50% slower than zlib), but it gets the job done with no fuss and no dependencies. Should be fine even for 32MiB archives on the 3DS processor.

The code works on its own, so you can delete the nall prefix/suffix and use it as a header.

Also, a refresher on the ZIP file format: https://gitlab.com/higan/higan/blob/mast...de/zip.hpp

Even tinier, about ~80 lines to parse those. This one depends on a bunch of other nall libs, so you probably don't wanna use this.

Anyway, your call. Don't have to use it if you don't want Smile

I haven't been crazy enough to attempt an LZMA2 decoder yet.

libzip is only for zip; I use the LZMA SDK for 7zip because it's basically the only thing other than libarchive, which is bad for seeking through archives.

Also libzip was already created by NIH so I think I'm good Tongue (I can look at other impls but libzip does 99% of what I want for zip, and I haven't poked at that other 1% too hard yet.)

Your emulator is getting better, i hope you can add that menu. For now i'm still using VGA Plus Beta Smile

Any news about this add? Thanks Smile

I finally added it. It'll be in the next nightly, and consequently, the next stable release.