Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamepad bug?
Hello again, I recently bought a cheap generic gamepad for my emulation needs. Noticed a gamepad bug with the latest nightly, I tried remapping the gamepad buttons to match the GBA controls layout, but for some reason, L1 doesn't work, the R1 and R2 buttons act like they've been mapped on the right and left D-Pad keys. I'm using the Ubuntu build.

That's strange. Did it work with previous builds? Also, have you verified that the maps of each of these keys is correct to the OS, e.g. via jstest?

(09-10-2015, 10:35 PM)endrift Wrote: That's strange. Did it work with previous builds? Also, have you verified that the maps of each of these keys is correct to the OS, e.g. via jstest?

Tested and confirmed with jstest. It's a rebranded Microntek USB gamepad. Here's a pic of the gamepad just in case.

[Image: 25hnvd3.jpg]

I wonder if they're showing up as hats, which aren't currently remappable in mGBA. That's about the only thing I can figure.

(09-11-2015, 11:23 PM)endrift Wrote: I wonder if they're showing up as hats, which aren't currently remappable in mGBA. That's about the only thing I can figure.

What do you mean if they're showing up as hats? Here's a screenie when I tried remapping, they seem to appear fine:

Quote:[Image: 2e52tsn.png]

Notice that 4 and 5 both show up as L and R and as up and right on the d-pad in that screenshot. Click the up d-pad symbol and hit "clear button", then likewise for right.

I tried what you said, but clicking the clear button wont actually "clear" the buttons. It's still there, same as the screenshot above.

I don't know why, I made sure I tested the gamepad again on jstest and check to see that all of its buttons are mapped on the correct keys. (R1 is button 5, R2 is button 7, L1 is button 4, and so forth.)

Is this a problem with my gamepad or with the emulator itself?

Hmm, clear button should work. If it doesn't, that's an emulator bug. You can try remapping it to something else I guess.

(09-14-2015, 07:03 PM)endrift Wrote: Hmm, clear button should work. If it doesn't, that's an emulator bug. You can try remapping it to something else I guess.

I guess, I'll try the Windows nightly to see if the problem also persists there.

EDIT:
I dunno if it's our Internet connection or something, but I can't seem to download anything from the downloads page right now.

EDIT 2:
I can confirm that the problem also persists on the Windows nightly port. In the mean time, I will remap on other buttons, or even try another gamepad. Other than that, mGBA is currently one of the best and smoothest GBA emulator out there.

Same problem here with the Windows build. On my DS4 I decided to use the Triangle and Circle buttons for L and R.