Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mGBA on EMUCR
Is it okay to download the latest mGBA upload from there?

What is the Stance that Developers of mGBA have on EMUCR?

I've never tried an emucr build, but I am very skeptical of their quality, due to the sheer difficulty of setting up all the dependencies for a windows build. The official site also provides nightlies that are built through the same process as the release builds, so I don't really see any reason to download builds from emucr in the first place.

(07-17-2015, 05:53 PM)endrift Wrote: I've never tried an emucr build, but I am very skeptical of their quality, due to the sheer difficulty of setting up all the dependencies for a windows build. The official site also provides nightlies that are built through the same process as the release builds, so I don't really see any reason to download builds from emucr in the first place.

I tend to download from EMUCR as they seem to have the latest Build but the one on here is the most Stable and works the Best is pm your mGBA Home Page

I just download the Already Built One. I not sure how to Build mGBA from the Soure Code

This link should always point to the newest official Windows build, and it's updated once a day: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgba/mGBA-night...t-win32.7z

It's very likely that it is even more up-to-date than the emucr one is any given day.

(07-18-2015, 04:20 AM)endrift Wrote: This link should always point to the newest official Windows build, and it's updated once a day: https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgba/mGBA-night...t-win32.7z

It's very likely that it is even more up-to-date than the emucr one is any given day.

Thanks Mate - Where can I read info about the Latest Official Windows Build?

The download includes a CHANGES file that lists all the changes since the previous release. It's updated with every commit, so you just need to compare against the previous version. There isn't a great way to find a list of differences between days without downloading, though.

EmuCR now just seems to mirror the official build bot build.

Oh, that's not so bad. Their changelogs are probably still wrong, though, since they just seem to list git commits that may or may not be the right range, or sometimes even the right branch.