Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forums suggestions
Question 
The forums are still nascent, so suggestions for how to improve things are welcome, and encouraged! Post such suggestions here.

I think having links to the following in the forum header-bar would be a good idea:
  • mGBA's homepage
  • The bug tracker
  • The git pages

The current forum theme looks fine to me, but a small customization to the GBA's signature purple would be neat, I think.

I added links to the top bar but I'd probably want to do a heavy revamp of the theme if I change anything. This is the stock theme, after all. But that's a lot of work, so I might leave it for now.

Awesome. That makes it a lot easier to, say, go look at a code snippet or release statement when people will be discussing things.

There are also [bug=#] and [issue=#] for bugzilla bugs and github issues. I'll probably add [pr=#] for pull requests at some point.

Information 
(04-13-2015, 07:51 AM)endrift Wrote: There are also [bug=#] and [issue=#] for bugzilla bugs and github issues. I'll probably add [pr=#] for pull requests at some point.

Those should probably be added to the toolbar for posting. Maybe as "reference a bug/issue." Dialogue could ask for

"https://endrift.com/mgba/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=[___]"
"https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues/[___]"

and spit out the code to reference them.

Edit: Or even better, ask for the full url and have it extract the info by a searching for the inputs directly after "id=" or "issues/" but before the next non-numerical character.

The "MyCode" system works via regular expressions, so I could just parse those specific URLs and turn them into links that say "Bug #____", etc. Of note is that urls like mgba.io/b/___ and mgba.io/i/___ also work as smaller versions of the URLs.

I thought when I added the MyBB codes they would show up in the WYSIWYG editor, but apparently not. I'll look into if that's easy to do.

E] IT WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT EASY but I did it anyway. There's a bug icon and [bug=#] and [issue=#] work with the WYSIWYG editor now.

Wow, that is very cool. I'm sure it'll come in handy!

At least change the logo to the mGBA logo and may be make it black and purple. It seems this forum is new so I can understand why it hasn't happened yet.

I actually changed the logo at one point, but when I upgraded the forum version, it was reset. I've been too lazy to fix it.