Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokémon GSC internal clock
Is there any way to make it so that when I fast forward the Gen II Pokémon games, the in-game clock also goes forward at the same speed? Right now a minute in the game is a minute, whether I'm playing at normal speed or not.

Yep, go to Tools > Gamepak sensors, then click the "start time at" option. The time set will be the time the game thinks it "started" at, and the clock will be calculated by the number of frames since start instead of the wall clock, so fast forwarding will work as you described. If you click "now" it'll set the start time to whatever the current time is, so if you do that upon loading the game it should be roughly correct.

(09-12-2024, 09:54 AM)endrift Wrote: Yep, go to Tools > Gamepak sensors, then click the "start time at" option. The time set will be the time the game thinks it "started" at, and the clock will be calculated by the number of frames since start instead of the wall clock, so fast forwarding will work as you described. If you click "now" it'll set the start time to whatever the current time is, so if you do that upon loading the game it should be roughly correct.

That's very useful, thank you! Any way to save this change or do I have to set it up every time I boot the emulator/rom up?

Not at this time, I don't think.