mGBA Forums
Official mGBA Ports - Printable Version

+- mGBA Forums (https://forums.mgba.io)
+-- Forum: mGBA (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Official mGBA Ports (/showthread.php?tid=25)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Official mGBA Ports - fox_whisper85 - 02-04-2016

So I love how this emulator has evolved and how incredibly stable it is on Wii, the only thing I am curious about is file type filtering. Older versions had just the ROM files show up in the file browser, I tried a nightly build from yesterday and noticed that the file types of ROMs, state and internal save files showed up. How difficult would it be to filter file types? I hate to ask this and was merely curious as to the state of this feature. Thank you.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 06:26 AM)fox_whisper85 Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 03:27 AM)waclken Wrote: Amazing Wii port ! THanks

May I ask if the developer could someday make a simple, very simple SNES emulator?

Truth to be told: every SNES emulator is bad on Wii

Retroarch (both cores) crashes even playing Super Mario World
Snes9x Gx is decent but also can't handle much hours of gameplay.

It's sad that after almost 11 years there is no good emulation on SNES

Anyway, just wanted to talk you for the 0.40
I was using the latest nightly yesterday and had no problems with it Smile

Really liked the "filter" feature.

Have you tried RetroArch 1.2.2 instead? Snes9x Next runs fine, GX is far worse actually. 

Also @Endrift, uh, is there a reason the file browser shows all GBA types, including save files? 

The detection broke outright when I got zip support working, and it was always extremely slow on 3DS, so I never took the time to try to fix it. I just turned it off and left a TODO in the code. Now that the core supports path customization (even if the ports don't have it yet), it might just make sense to move the files somewhere. I'm not sure.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - fox_whisper85 - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 10:02 AM)endrift Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 06:26 AM)fox_whisper85 Wrote: Have you tried RetroArch 1.2.2 instead? Snes9x Next runs fine, GX is far worse actually. 

Also @Endrift, uh, is there a reason the file browser shows all GBA types, including save files? 

The detection broke outright when I got zip support working, and it was always extremely slow on 3DS, so I never took the time to try to fix it. I just turned it off and left a TODO in the code. Now that the core supports path customization (even if the ports don't have it yet), it might just make sense to move the files somewhere. I'm not sure.

Okay that's fair enough and all I wanted to know about it, thank you for the reply and the hard work. 

RE: Official mGBA Ports - waclken - 02-06-2016

@ endrift

have you considered making a patreon/paypal/bitcoin account so people can donate to you?

If we have 200 people that donate regularly..

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 02-06-2016

There are already paypal and bitcoin links on the front page, although I guess if you're asking this, they might be kinda hidden. I thought about patreon, but I'd feel like I was selling out tbh. This is a hobby and I don't really need the money.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - waclken - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 10:04 AM)endrift Wrote: There are already paypal and bitcoin links on the front page, although I guess if you're asking this, they might be kinda hidden. I thought about patreon, but I'd feel like I was selling out tbh. This is a hobby and I don't really need the money.
now i can see it. It's on the bottom of the /home

thanks

RE: Official mGBA Ports - ShadowOne333 - 02-06-2016

The Wii port looks perfect! Big Grin
It's the best emu for GBA at the moment, no doubt.
I am even thinking on putting all of my GB/C games into Goomba Color to load them up through mGBA, just because that amazing it is. Smile

On a side note, I've been checking the 3DS port recently, and I was wondering if you have considered adding dynamic recompiler to the 3DS port? I heard that most of the apps in 3DS seem to benefit a lot from it and it could bump up the FPS to 60 fps, I'm almost certain of it. Tongue

Also, for the 3DS port there is no way to remap the X and Y buttons, so if we remap, let's say, the B button to the Y Button, you end up with the screen going through the different resolutions while you just try to press the B button in game. This means that either way, we can't use the X and Y buttons due to them being hardcoded.

So far that's all the feedback I can give about the 3DS port, if I find anything else, I'll let you know. Smile

RE: Official mGBA Ports - endrift - 02-06-2016

I've repeatedly said that I am interested in adding a dynamic recompiler, but it's a lot of difficult work that I haven't managed to get working yet. Hopefully someday.

As for the hardcoded GUI buttons, I was going to add remapping for them to 0.4.0, but that got delayed as well. The fact that you can shoot yourself in the foot if you change them meant I had to think of ways around that, and it was delaying the release, so that's targeted for 0.5.0 now instead.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - justjack - 02-14-2016

Latest Wii nightly (02/14) won't load, it gives a code dump.

Newer one (02/15) is working Big Grin.

RE: Official mGBA Ports - waclken - 02-20-2016

I was playing Mother 3, english translation (version 1.2) and used the in-game save feature.
Then I reset the game and power on , there is no option as "load game" in the start screen. Only two options are: New Game and Sound Link

Any idea how to load the game?

Thank you

P.S: (using the nightly from last week on wii)