Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance issues in Pokemon games
Cool, thanks! The problem was that it was trying to play back the frames as fast as possible when they came in, which would cause weird problems. Not sure what exactly would happen, but I throttled it a bit as a potential fix, and that seems to have worked.

(01-20-2017, 11:23 PM)endrift Wrote: Cool, thanks! The problem was that it was trying to play back the frames as fast as possible when they came in, which would cause weird problems. Not sure what exactly would happen, but I throttled it a bit as a potential fix, and that seems to have worked.

I noticed there are some audio glitches, is this already known? It is also present in the previous nightly, but not on 0.5.2. It is like some audio corruption for half a second, mostly when there are audio changes, when entering a new area.
Oh, and btw, doing some biking in Mauville City I noticed mGBA is now running even smoother than VBA, so I can fully ditch VBA now. May I ask you how can I get more shaders and presets? xBR seems too strong, and I'm not quite sure how to tweak with the settings. Thanks again!

Audio glitches? Do they only occur with savestates, or does it just happen spontaneously?

As for shaders, I would like to make the shader interface closer to what RetroArch does so that you can more easily port RetroArch glsl shaders, but at the moment, there aren't really more shaders. And the xBR shader I ported is glitchy and not really that great; I need to port different ones.

(01-22-2017, 10:51 PM)endrift Wrote: Audio glitches? Do they only occur with savestates, or does it just happen spontaneously?

As for shaders, I would like to make the shader interface closer to what RetroArch does so that you can more easily port RetroArch glsl shaders, but at the moment, there aren't really more shaders. And the xBR shader I ported is glitchy and not really that great; I need to port different ones.

Spontaneously. Here is a 1(:09)min audio recording: https://clyp.it/g4iwpcn3

I'm looking forward to the shaders improvements, thanks a lot!

I think this is this real bottleneck, not the memory.

no, your wifi is fine, speed test speeds should only be as a test and not as complete fact as many factors go into testing speed on https://speedtestfast.com. 30mbps is not a bad speed from a speed test, mtu is for pactet size; 1400 to 1550 are a good range, do note any size above 1500 could be marked as a jumbo packet and could be dropped by your router/modem thinking there bad traffic.  packet size could improve dl speed but it add over head to your local network