Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro Recording feature (input automatization)
Lightbulb 
Hi there, I'm new here and I don't know much how does this work at all.

I have been searching for a while for a GBA emulator which allowed some macro recording function (similar to that of M$ Office Word or Excel), however I found none, but this forum seemed like a fine place to propose it.

I've also tried searching in this forum and I found nothing on the topic, yet it might have been discussed with a different name. In such case I apologise for creating a repeated thread.

The main core of the idea is very simple: A shortcut from the emulator menu which would prompt a dialog to input a name for the macro, and then entering into a recording mode which would write into a log file every GBA input made by the user with a relative time reference. And another option from the menu to stop recording, to execute or to delete a macro.

The productive use of this feature would be in games which would require many repetitive actions different to 'turbo A or B', and I think making it compatible with fast forward would be a point. (I mean, like recording in normal speed and executing it "x" times faster)

With my modest level of programming knowledge I think the most problematic part of this feature would be that of the accurate timing, either recording or executing.

Please note that I don't actually know how this emulator works, so I understand there might exist certain limitations to what can be done around this feature. I fear for the timing tbh.

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

(Also, I'm not native-english speaker so I'm open to corrections on this matter)

What do you think about this idea? Is it really new? Do you think it would be actually useful, or just a waste of time? Would you either suggest some other interface for it?