Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controller mapping Issue
So I have 2 cheap USB SNES controllers that I've trying to use with mGBA. With the correct mappings in the settings, for some reason, the "UP" button is registering as "A" button even though "A" is already mapped to "A" on the controller. Every other buttons work as normal. Things I've tried:

1. Clearing the buttons and re-mapping, still same issue.
2. Trying the 2nd controller, still same issue.
3. Tried build 0.6.2, still same issue.
4. Mapping the "UP" to another button, tried mapping to "L", and it works correctly, the "L" button acts as "UP" but the physical "UP" button is still acting as "A".
5. Tried mapping "UP" to "DOWN" and "DOWN" to "UP". "DOWN" works as "UP" but "UP" still acting like "A".
6. Tried Revision 5381-a751cd5 under Development Downloads, older releases, and would you look at that, all the buttons correctly.

At this point, I think its an issue with the main builds. Both controllers work correctly in Desmume and joy.cpl in Windows 10. I will use the build I mentioned for now until there is some kind of fix released in the main builds.

Also, why is Pokemon Red in colour in the development build? Also getting a white screen after the menu in Pokemon Red in build 0.6.2  but I can still hear the sounds and navigate in menus with the help of the sounds.

Don't use 0.6.2. It's got some pretty bad bugs that were fixed in 0.6.3. If you don't want it to be in color then disable SGB in the settings or overrides.

(10-15-2018, 09:49 PM)endrift Wrote: Don't use 0.6.2. It's got some pretty bad bugs that were fixed in 0.6.3. If you don't want it to be in color then disable SGB in the settings or overrides.

I am using 0.6.3, the issue is the same. I tried 0.6.2 to see if the issue is the same and it is. Only the super long complicated build I mentioned is working properly with the controller