Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mGBA Save File Location
I want to import my save files from No$GBA and move them over to mGBA to try and solve a problem I'm having on the original emulator. Before its asked, I have tried looking into the files and I can't find where the files would be saved to. I even did a quick save at the beginning of my Pokemon Emerald Z Rom hack to try and get the location to appear with the other mGBA files, but that didn't work at all. I need this solved as soon as possible, it is actually legitimately vital.

mGBA puts saves in the same directory as the ROM by default. That said, NO$GBA save files use a header that you'll need to remove to get them to work in mGBA.

(08-22-2018, 04:58 AM)endrift Wrote: mGBA puts saves in the same directory as the ROM by default. That said, NO$GBA save files use a header that you'll need to remove to get them to work in mGBA.

Whats the exact paths I need to follow for mGBA first to find the save file location?

There is no exact location. It's wherever the ROM you load is.

(08-22-2018, 02:35 PM)endrift Wrote: There is no exact location. It's wherever the ROM you load is.

Can you give an example of a game and where its save would be located?

(08-22-2018, 02:35 PM)endrift Wrote: There is no exact location. It's wherever the ROM you load is.

And is there a way to find it within the menus for mGBA when you open it? I ask because I just have one file that contains all of the data for the game itself on my computer, the save files don't create a folder that includes the games files and the saves. with No$GBA for example, all of the files went to a folder named "BATTERY" and they were easy to find. I even managed to transfer save files from an older version of No$GBA to a newer one.

I know I'm replying a lot, but I've got the save file location. I remember seeing something at some point about how both the original save file from the emulator you're trying to transfer a save from and the one you're transferring to have to be the same size in terms of storage. Is this true? If so, how would I increase the save file size from No$GBA?

Ok nevermind, I finally found it. The No$GBA.InI file i've been unable to find is only in later versions of No$GBA. I was using the 2.6a version and upgraded to the 2.9 version. What I did next was I opened up the ROM in the new version, saved the game and exited to get the BATTERY file to appear so I could transfer my save to the new version by copying and pasting. Then what I did was I went to the No$GBA 2.9 folder, edited the the file mentioned at the beginning of this to where just the SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed to say Raw instead of Compressed at the end. Then I opened up the game, went to my save again, saved the game, and then exited. Next I copied the new save file, went to where the file for my ROM was located, put it in a folder to keep things tidy, and then pasted the new save file into it. Next I just opened the game through the mGBA .exe and loaded up my save file. And thats all you have to do in order to have the save file be transferred from the No$GBA emulator to mGBA. Thank god I got this figured out, I have a lets plat of the Pokemon Emerald Z ROM to do. The reason why I had to do all of this is because there is something about No$GBA that causes fog to completely cover the ground and background, preventing you from being able to navigate through certain areas easily. I can happily say that mGBA has a higher quality than No$GBA can do, and that fog problem is nonexistent. I will be using this to finish my Lets Play of the game from now on, along with any other GBA games I play.

Glad you got it sorted out.

(08-22-2018, 11:49 PM)endrift Wrote: Glad you got it sorted out.

Would you happen to know how to decrease the brightness level in the emulator? My Pokemon Emerald game is looking brighter than it should, that or its a bit unsaturated right now.

You can use the shader settings to toy with it.