Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems compiling mGBA for Vita
Hey, I'm trying to compile mGBA so I can modify it for my specific needs and I'm running into a lot of weird errors. I'm a complete noob when it comes to cmake and MSYS2 and all that and I can't figure out what the problem is.

So I followed the compile instructions on the github readme using MSYS2 until the actual cmake command. For the cmake command I wrote:
Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../src/platform/psp2/CMakeToolchain.vitasdk .. -G "MSYS Makefiles"

Cmake printed out a bunch of configuration info but no errors. It recognized the vitasdk binaries properly and everything.

Then, when I enter make, everything seems to go fine with some warnings until 66% at psp2-context.c. At that point, it errors out, spitting out this:

Code:
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c: In function '_setRumble':
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:137:9: error: variable 'state' has initializer but incomplete type
 struct SceCtrlActuator state = {
        ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:138:3: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  rumble->current * 31,
  ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:138:3: note: (near initialization for 'state')
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:139:3: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:139:3: note: (near initialization for 'state')
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:137:25: error: storage size of 'state' isn't known
                        ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:141:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceCtrlSetActuator' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 sceCtrlSetActuator(1, &state);
 ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:137:25: warning: unused variable 'state' [-Wunused-variable]
                        ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c: In function 'mPSP2Setup':
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:177:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'scePowerSetArmClockFrequency' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 scePowerSetArmClockFrequency(80);
 ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c: In function 'mPSP2Paused':
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:290:9: error: variable 'state' has initializer but incomplete type
        ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:291:3: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:291:3: note: (near initialization for 'state')
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:292:3: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:292:3: note: (near initialization for 'state')
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:290:25: error: storage size of 'state' isn't known
                        ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:290:25: warning: unused variable 'state' [-Wunused-variable]
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c: In function 'mPSP2Teardown':
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:304:39: warning: unused parameter 'runner' [-Wunused-parameter]
void mPSP2Teardown(struct mGUIRunner* runner) {
                                      ^
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c: In function 'mPSP2DrawScreenshot':
C:/msys64/home/Rick/mgba/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c:382:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
 for (y = 0; y < height; ++y) {
               ^
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/mgba.dir/build.make:1903: CMakeFiles/mgba.dir/src/platform/psp2/psp2-context.c.obj] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:105: CMakeFiles/mgba.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:150: all] Error 2
For some reason it just really doesn't like SceCtrlActuator

I noticed that psp2-context.c is the first vita-specific file it tries to compile, so I figured it was a problem with vitasdk. I checked the include files to see if SceCtrlActuator was actually defined in the version I had and sure enough, it was defined in ctrl.h which is included properly in psp2-context.c. So...I'm confused as to what's going on. The compiler properly recognized the binaries from the library so how is it not recognizing the headers now? Is my installation of the VitaSDK messed up somehow? I've tried reinstalling the vitasdk and updating it a few times with no change. 

Am I just royally screwing up using cmake? Anyone have any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks! Let me know if I need to post any more info to make my problem more clear.

You need to update your Vita SDK to a newer build; that function was added very recently.

Thanks, I just tried updating to the latest nightly through vdpm and I confirmed that the SceCtrlActuator struct was defined in my version's ctrl.h

When running make I'm still getting the same error though. I've tried deleting the build directory and starting over a couple times with the same result. Is there anything else I need to do to update VitaSDK other than redownload the nightly with vdpm?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out

I've not used vdpm, but it seems to me that it's including an old version of the file somehow. The struct is there, and I don't use precompiled headers, so there's clearly something odd going on.