Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Question About Flash Size [Vita Port]
Hey guys, I've been looking around trying to find a solution to this, but haven't had much luck. I'm currently trying to run a Pokemon Fire Red romhack on my Vita. The problem is, the flash size required to make a battery save is 128k, and from what I can tell there is no option in mBGA to change it. I do have a .sav that I had been using on VGA, but unfortunately mGBA will not recognize that. I've also attempted to port a save state over, but to no avail.

My question is, is this possible to do? Or will I have to solely use save states throughout the game?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

mGBA should know to make FireRed battery saves be 128k (see https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/blob/ma...#L107-L113), so the ROMhack must not be being recognized as FireRed. I'd recommend opening the ROMhack in the Qt version and seeing what it says in the ROM info viewer. I can advise further from there.

(08-10-2016, 07:26 AM)endrift Wrote: mGBA should know to make FireRed battery saves be 128k (see https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/blob/ma...#L107-L113), so the ROMhack must not be being recognized as FireRed. I'd recommend opening the ROMhack in the Qt version and seeing what it says in the ROM info viewer. I can advise further from there.

Forgive me for being slow, but I can't remember what the Qt version was again...

If it means anything when I open it up in VBA I get this: 

Game Title: Dragon Ball Z-Team Training

Internal Title: DBZ TEAM TR.

Scene Release: -

Release Number: -

CRC32: 06534DB8

Game Code: ZBDM

Maker Code: 01

Maker Name: Nintendo

Main Unit Code: 00

Device Type: 00

ROM Version: 00

CRC: a8 (44)

EDIT: Sorry, the image didn't seem to want to post...I put what the box said.

Ahh there's the problem, the header's all wrong. Add these lines to the config.ini file in ux0:/mGBA:

Code:
[override.ZBDM]
savetype=FLASH1M

Thank you so much! That solved the problem. I just had to recopy the sav file over afterwards and it's working great now.

Again, thanks for the help.