Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vita questions
Hello,
I recently installed mGBA using Henkaku and this link http://haxxey.com/vpkmirror/ for the .vpk file. I have a few questions:
1) Sometimes the game will become extremely laggy. Can I prevent/fix this?
2) The sound seems distorted, and it will randomly play faster. Can I fix this?
3) Is there a fast-forward feature? That would be really handy.
Thanks!

The answer to all three questions is, unfortunately no, and all for the same reason. The Vita is just too darn slow to run mGBA at full speed in all situations. Sometimes it'll run well, but not always, and when it runs poorly, it can run really poorly.

(08-06-2016, 04:58 AM)endrift Wrote: The answer to all three questions is, unfortunately no, and all for the same reason. The Vita is just too darn slow to run mGBA at full speed in all situations. Sometimes it'll run well, but not always, and when it runs poorly, it can run really poorly.

The strange thing though is that it works fine when I first start it. It gets laggy after I open the emulator menu it seems.

Huh, I thought that bug went away at some point. I still haven't figured out what causes it. Try a newer build.

I don't have a bios loaded on it. Could doing that help things?

That might affect emulation quality in a few games, but it won't affect emulation speed when opening the menu.