Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware differences between DS models
I just learned that different DS models have different ranges of potential base pointers for games like Gen 4 Pokemon.
Which one is the model that Desmume currently emulates, exactly? Is there a plan to make Medusa able to emulate different DS models?

(02-20-2018, 07:19 PM)Fortranm Wrote: I just learned that different DS models have different ranges of potential base pointers for games like Gen 4 Pokemon.
Which one is the model that Desmume currently emulates, exactly? Is there a plan to make Medusa able to emulate different DS models?

i don't think they're any different on the inside

I only know of one functional difference between the DS and the DS Lite: the DS has a slightly different behavior for a very specific edge case in GBA games, which breaks exactly one GBA game (Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon). I don't know of any differences in DS behaviors.

The DSi changes a lot of stuff but only when in DSi mode.

(03-02-2018, 05:10 AM)endrift Wrote: I only know of one functional difference between the DS and the DS Lite: the DS has a slightly different behavior for a very specific edge case in GBA games, which breaks exactly one GBA game (Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon). I don't know of any differences in DS behaviors.

The DSi changes a lot of stuff but only when in DSi mode.

i don't think that can be replicated in an emulator.