Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZL and ZR Button Mapping Not Working? (3DS Build/Port)
Hey endrift,
I just wanted to report back my testing of the latest build for the Nintendo 3DS. I am running the latest version/build of mGBA ported for the 3DS on my new Nintendo 2DS XL and noticed that when I mapped Interface keys to the ZL or ZR buttons, that they simply don't work. Which was unfortunate because I mapped the Cancel command to ZR and of course upon doing so, could not open the menu to reconfigue/assign the control to a different button. Thankfully I was able to edit the config.ini file and change the value from "15" to a different button, but so far no luck assigning any Interface command to either the ZL or ZR buttons on the new 3DS/2DS consoles. Also, I noticed there isn't a way to pull up the menu without first loading up a game? Maybe I'm missing a special button combo to do so, or can help contribute code to enable that feature if it doesn't currently exist.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this!

I'll take a look at this when I get a chance. Not sure what might be going wrong.

(02-02-2018, 11:56 PM)endrift Wrote: I'll take a look at this when I get a chance. Not sure what might be going wrong.

Sounds good, thanks so much!

So I haven't tried mapping cancel to ZL/ZR but mapping them to other interface keys such as fast forward seems to work.

E] mapping it to cancel also seems to work for me. Are you using the CIA or the 3DSX?

(02-03-2018, 08:48 AM)endrift Wrote: So I haven't tried mapping cancel to ZL/ZR but mapping them to other interface keys such as fast forward seems to work.

E] mapping it to cancel also seems to work for me. Are you using the CIA or the 3DSX?

Oh weird! I am using the .CIA I believe? I downloaded and installed mGBA via FBI's TitleDB.

Hm, try a newer build? The downloads are on the main site.