Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a guide on how to use cheat
How do you exactly use the cheat system I'm so confused. I got some GameShark that I'm sure 100% working on other Emulator, but I can't figure out how do you suppose to enter it in mGBA.

So I click Add New Set, put my code in the blank space, then click Add Gameshark, it do nothing and if I don't click on the available set, it will automatic create a new emty set. Tried all the Add option and the only way to add it was to click on the Add button, but adding the code using that option doesn't do anything ingame.

edit: is it possible to change the keybind for fast forward/speed up? everytime i save in crucial point sometime the game just stuck in speed mode and i have to press space to change it back
edit2: ok I figure it out, it seem mgba doesn't support the gameshark code(the code is too short?) so i found some codebreaker and it worked

Codes are currently broken in the nightlies. Are you using a nightly or a release build?

(04-26-2016, 06:44 AM)endrift Wrote: Codes are currently broken in the nightlies. Are you using a nightly or a release build?

I'm on 0.4.0,  but yeah I found some other cheat that work, something is up with some Gameshark code being too short so I can't use it.

If the code is too short, it's a code breaker code.

(05-03-2016, 07:17 PM)endrift Wrote: If the code is too short, it's a code breaker code.

It was listed as a Gameshark code so I don't know, I can't put it into the emulator as Gameshark, I can put it in as Codebreaker but it doesn't work.

Here is where I got the code

http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvanc...des-enjoy/

I can use it fine on the VBA 1.8 but can't add it into mGBA.

Those are encrypted CodeBreaker cheats, which are not currently supported in mGBA. I haven't been able to find documentation on the encryption format, which is why they aren't implemented. The confusion stems from the fact that basically all of the cheat devices had a version that was called GameShark; in this case, the GameShark SP is actually a CodeBreaker device. GameShark Advance is basically the same thing as a Pro Action Replay version 1 or 2, but versions 3 and 4 are different, so a lot of cheat sites have things confusingly categorized.