Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about mGBA (RetroArch version) for the Wii
Hello,
I recently got RetroArch v1.3.2 for the Wii and with it came the core for mGBA. I tried it and found that it works a heck of a lot better than VBA-Next! It's just more fluid, there's no signs of slowdown during certain points of the game, and there's no DSI exception errors (at least none I know of yet) of which I've been experiencing frequently with VBA-Next, and frankly I'm fed up with that.

I want to use mGBA for all my games, but the only thing stopping me is cheat support for it. Cheats don't seem to work with it and I've heard through other posts that it simply hasn't been implemented yet. I don't know if you guys have a hand in the RetroArch version of mGBA, but do you guys know if and when cheat support will be enabled for it??? Thank you guys for your time and attention. Smile

It was added a while ago. I'm not sure if the version that RA ships is using a new enough branch.

(04-13-2016, 05:31 AM)endrift Wrote: It was added a while ago. I'm not sure if the version that RA ships is using a new enough branch.

I tried the Wii version (the separate one, not the one packaged with RetroArch) but I could not find a cheat function. Maybe I'll keep trying to figure out how to get cheats to work with the RetroArch version.

The non-RA version on Wii (and 3DS and Vita) does not have an interface for loading cheats yet. This will hopefully be in 0.6, but it's unlikely to be in 0.5.

(05-04-2016, 07:46 PM)endrift Wrote: The non-RA version on Wii (and 3DS and Vita) does not have an interface for loading cheats yet. This will hopefully be in 0.6, but it's unlikely to be in 0.5.

Okay, I will wait then. Thanks!