Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have folders at the top
this is a bit of a strange request

but could the folders/files in mgba wii be sorted so the folders are at the very top ?
this is how almost all other wii emulators do it

I like this way because I have a lot of sub-folders in my roms folders (for hacks, translations, etc.), and rather than searching for a singular "hacks" folders amongst endless rom files, its nicer to just have it at the very top

thanks for the emulator btw, playing sonic advance smoothly on the wii is a dream!

It's a good idea. I'll see how easy it would be to change the sorting; it might be trivial, but it might not be.

thanks a lot!

any updates to this?

also I want to mention, when exiting mgba on wii, the homebrew channel changes its default settings, and changes the view of the tiles on the homebrew channel

can this be fixed so it doesnt do that?

Assume no updates. I am one person, and I can only do so much at once.

yeah I know, I dont mean to nag

I really just wanted to point out that mgba changes the homebrew channels default settings on exit (perhaps boot up?), and for some people like me with lots of custom settings, its troublesome, and would like that to be fixed

4.0 mgba didnt do this, and no other apps I know of do this

I'm not even sure how that's possible. I must be scribbling on memory somehow. You're not the first person to report it, either.

E] I can't reproduce the HBC bug. I talked to marcan, who is confused about how that could possibly happen. The settings are stored on the Wii's NAND, which mGBA doesn't touch.

(02-20-2016, 01:44 PM)pinp0int Wrote: yeah I know, I dont mean to nag

I really just wanted to point out that mgba changes the homebrew channels default settings on exit (perhaps boot up?), and for some people like me with lots of custom settings, its troublesome, and would like that to be fixed

4.0 mgba didnt do this, and no other apps I know of do this

Weird, i have never experienced this issue. Are you using the latest HBC?

I have the latest homebrew channel, 1.1.2

and I tried 4.0 mgba again, and then the nightly mgba, and it still happens with the nightly and not on 4.0 for me (and I deleted the config for each, so they were clean checks there)

its a very specific thing, so you may not have noticed

press '2' on the wiimote to change the view of the apps on the homebrew channel (so there is MANY apps on screen at once)
enter mgba (nightly version), and then exit mgba

when you exit, the view will be changed to a different one, one that you press '2' to change (the default view, that is wide)

I have no problems with anything else on the wii, and again, 4.0 doesnt do this for me (and I just tried it) - its bizarre