Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother 3 ENG Saving Freeze on 3DS Homebrew if Save States are loaded beforehand
Question 
So, for a long time I was using some old version of mGBA dating before August of this year.
I gave myself a challenge of playing MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 using mGBA on 3DS homebrew and using the save slots to bookmark progress.

In MOTHER 3 a weird oddity occurred where every time I'd go to write save data to the SAV using the in-game save menu, it'd just freeze right as it said "Saving..." and nothing got written to the SAV.
Turns out if you load a state beforehand, it just kinda crashes... and you have to hold the 3DS power button to get out.

Using New 3DS on whatever version can be "haxxed" with N3DS_U_27648_usa_9221.bin although I'm not sure if an issue like this is unique to any system version or system specs.

Bringing this up because the ending of the game writes data to the SAV which froze the game for me one time I got past the last boss.

Which version of mGBA are you using? If this happens in the dev builds I’d be a little surprised, but also I’d need to fix it posthaste.

(09-23-2017, 05:24 PM)endrift Wrote: Which version of mGBA are you using? If this happens in the dev builds I’d be a little surprised, but also I’d need to fix it posthaste.

The dev build from just last night won't even boot for me, 0.6.0 seems to have fixed the save freeze? Did you change anything involving SRAM between august and 0.6.0?

Because as soon as the save bug started occurring by the end of chapter 1 I just kinda stopped saving and used states for progress.
Also the game runs kind of really slow on my n3DS but I beared through it with frameskip 1 and it was near impossible to do the combo system to the music beat.

Oh, one more thing - laggy menus (see attachment) if you cycle through the items menus too fast some text artifacts are left behind in places that have no text data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)