Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mGBA sound issues Windows 10
I've been using this emulator since many months, but only recently I had serious sound issues. First of all I just passed to windows 10; before, on windows 7 i don't remember having the same problems. In particular playing Mother 3 is a real pain because of crackling and popping noises. I tried changing all the audio settings without luck. Maybe it's a problem with windows 10? 
P.s. I'm playing on a not-so-weak laptop.

Which build are you using?

i'm using the latest stable release 0.5.2. I discovered that the other games just play fine, with some minor sound issues, which are normal for a gba emulation, so I think that Mother 3 is a very difficult game to emulate, but maybe i'm wrong. In particular i have problems when, after selecting all the names, there's the screen with all your choices made. Then I select ok to start the game and there's an incredible slowdown, even if fps counter stays stable, but the game, after all of this, plays fine. For clearness I'm using Mother 3 fan translation 1.1 version.

Well, I just read the document that comes with 1.2 patch and it names all the issues i'm having with Mother 3. So I don't know if I can do anything about it.

I downloaded and applied the italian patch v. 1.1.1 (cause I'm italian, but I didn't know it existed) and.......it worked great! The authors were able to get rid of the issues the english patch has; they showed this in a youtube video, comparing the two versions. So yeah, it was a patch/rom fully related issue. I don't know if I can, but I'm posting the above nominated video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5WDMGFHyk