Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mGBA WON'T SAVE?! What am I doing wrong??
(05-23-2017, 05:27 AM)endrift Wrote: it should be in /mGBA/config.ini

Ah! I solved it with your help! It's a tad different result than I think we both expected, but the problem is certainly fixed. 

Ok, here's what I did, before I was searching for the config.ini file in the wrong place in my SD card, so that was just my noob mistake.

So anyways, I found it in the SD card, and in the link you gave me, you told the other person to type right next to [ports.wii] savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/ 

Well since I'm trying to tell mGBA to save to my usb I replaced the letters sd with USB so then it became this:

[ports.wii] savegamePath=usb:/mGBA/saves/

Alright so I put the SD card back into my wii and began a new game, saved the game, then restarted my Wii again, entered back into the game and it gave me an in game option to load my file! Great! So since I DID set the path to go to GBA/saves I checked the save folder that I created next to the roms folder in my external HDD and to my surprise to saves folder was.. blank.. Alright then.. Huh  so I checked the roms folder and there was the .sav file to the game I just saved. Directly under the game the save file stood. Odd.. but I mean, it worked! but odd. haha 

So there you go my good Sir, if anyone has that problem in the future, now you know exactly what to tell them! Thanks again for all of you're help and advice! The solution to this problem is NOWHERE online for mGBA, so I feel pretty accomplished having solved this with you after an entire day of breaking my head. lol 

(I already tested 2 seperate GBA games, and they are saving perfectly to my external HDD!)

Have a great day endrift! and nice meeting you!  Sleepy

Messages In This Thread
RE: mGBA WON'T SAVE?! What am I doing wrong?? - by DeadlyRevengexX - 05-23-2017, 09:42 AM