Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggestions for the Wii version
I'm no expert on this, and I can't say anything about most of these questions, but I can answer 1 or 2 of these.

* libwiigui - This is probably the go-to GUI they should use, as they can also make a channel to quickly jump to mGBA rather than go through Homebrew browser. However, I heard they're still looking for people to help on the GUI, and it's not high priority as long as the current UI works.

* custom button configurations - this will come when the GUI is made, I'm assuming. If they were to use Libwiigui it would probably come as soon as the menu releases.

I completely agree on how great it is that this is already outperforming VBA GX, even the unofficial fork (v2.3.2), which is a speedup over the original. My only issue with mGBA is that it's only hitting around 90% speed on good old F-Zero GP Legend, and as a result the audio sounds a tiny bit slurred or slowed down. In terms of gameplay, you can't tell a difference, really. I also tried my Metroid Fusion, runs great at what sounds like near fullspeed or 100% speed. All this is missing for this to be perfect are your suggestions and a Dynarec to really speed things up - interpreters are dreadfully slow in comparison.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for the Wii version - by MrProtein - 08-27-2015, 03:31 AM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by TheMrIron2 - 11-06-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by waclken - 11-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by Daruda - 11-27-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by waclken - 11-28-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by John S. - 06-08-2018, 05:48 AM