Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suggestions for the Wii version
Just found out about this, and I have to say I am quite impressed at how well the performance is on Wii - I honestly thought that VBA GX/VBA Next was as good as it's gonna get.

I understand this emulator is still in its very early stages (which is actually amazing considering how the performance is already better than VBA GX), so I just thought I would suggest some possible features for future releases.

* Brightness Control/Gamma Correction - as we all know, most GBA games were made with very bright colors so that they could be seen on the original unlit GBA. Both the Game Boy Player and the Wii U Virtual Console somewhat compensates for this by darkening the image a little - it would be nice to have that option for this emulator as well

* libwiigui - just for continuity/similarity with other emulators like Snes9xGx and FCEUGx. I can understand if this might not be feasible however if it takes up too much memory and could hinder game performance.

* custom button configurations - self-explanatory (apologies if this has already been implemented)

* custom border support - y'know, like the ones that the GB Player had on the GameCube.

* screen size options - right now it seems to default to 4:3, which is not the GBA aspect ratio (3:2). Also the edges are currently cutoff on CRT's.

* 240p support - for CRT users

* this one is rather ridiculous and I'm not sure if it's even possible, but it would still be cool nonetheless:
GBA-to-GCN adapter support? On the GB Player, you could use an actual GBA as a controller if you had the GBA-to-GCN adapter (you had to turn on the GBA and hold start on it while it's connected to the GCN).

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for the Wii version - by MrProtein - 08-27-2015, 03:31 AM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by waclken - 11-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by Daruda - 11-27-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by waclken - 11-28-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Suggestions for the Wii version - by John S. - 06-08-2018, 05:48 AM