Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get rumble to work?
Seeing as Drill Dozer and Warioware Twisted have both shot up in price, I wanted to test rumble before making any purchases. However, I can't seem to get rumble to work no matter what I do. I've tried using both Windows and Homebrew on my Switch:

On Windows (7), I've tried:
  • Enabling rumble via overrides pane
  • Connecting my Switch Pro Controller via USB
  • Connecting my Switch Pro Controller via Bluetooth
  • Having Steam Big Picture open in the background
  • Using WiinUPro
On my Switch Homebrew, I've tried:
  • Playing with Joycons in handheld mode
  • Playing docked with Switch Pro Controller
  • Using version 0.7.2
  • Using the latest version (as of now: mGBA-build-2019-07-05)
Gyroscope emulation successfully works. I confirm both my Joycons and my Switch Pro Controller have rumble and are capable of rumble. Neither Drill Dozer nor Warioware Twisted can make the controller vibrate. May I please ask what I'm doing wrong?

Can anyone please confirm if rumble worked at some point and what version of mGBA they were using?

For the Switch version you may need to go into System Settings and toggle the vibrate setting, twice if it's already enabled. There's an outstanding bug in the homebrew SDK where rumble doesn't work without toying with that option.

(08-08-2019, 05:24 PM)endrift Wrote: For the Switch version you may need to go into System Settings and toggle the vibrate setting, twice if it's already enabled. There's an outstanding bug in the homebrew SDK where rumble doesn't work without toying with that option.

Thank you! That did the trick!