Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
I tried one of the nightlies for the Wii (0.5-3554-beta2641c) for a while.

I'm impressed that GBC games not only boot, but a good chunk of them work pretty well as far as performance goes!

Games like Wario Land 2/3, Pokémon Gold, Pokémon Puzzle Challenge, Mr. Driller, Mega Man Xtreme 1/2 and others did work, others like Warlocked and Joust + Defender had some graphical and sound problems (although Warlocked worked much better than the other example), and Daiko no Gen-san freezes at the exact same point that any other GB emulator does on the Wii (With the exception of GnuBoy GX, the oldest and the one with the most problems, that blows my mind away, lol). Although, of course, that happens with some PC emulators too...

Overall, as I said, impressive that it works much better than I expected, even more so soon.

I haven't seen technical problems on normal GB games, but I didn't try as many games as with GBC.

I tried both Pixel-accurate and Stretched, I saw no garbled graphics anywhere.

I believe you know this already, but I wanted to say it just in case:

I noticed that the save state feature doesn't work, and the emulator can't seem to be able to save the games via SRAM, yet it can read a save file if you put an already created .SAV in the folder of the game.

Savestates for GB games are not yet supported at all, as I haven't drafted the savestate format for GB yet. Odd about saving though, I'll need to look into that.

That explains the save states then. Sorry for calling your attention on that.

About SRAM saving, the games look like they save (For example Pokémon doesn't give you an error while trying to save, all of them look like they work as intended), it's just like if the emulator didn't wrote the SRAM into the .SAV file.

I need to look if the saved game is there when restarting a game (instead of exiting and loading it again).

I don't know if that helps you somehow, though.

Sorry I haven't tested the nightly builds lately, will get on it Tongue

(03-14-2016, 05:06 PM)ShadowOne333 Wrote: I just tested the last download available from mgba.io (Wii).
I can say that the Wii port doesn't have the stretch mode to fill the entire screen like it did previously, and also GB games are not loading either, I get "Load failed!" (made a quick test with Metroid II and castlevania Legends).
I tried Link's Awakening for the GBC and got a code dump. 

(03-14-2016, 03:17 AM)endrift Wrote: Edit the file mGBA/config.ini and add the following line to the [ports.wii] section:

savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/

And it should load saves from that directory instead of the ROM folder.
Alrighty, thanks Big Grin  Also GB and GBC games seem to be broken in the latest nightly build. 

Hey there endrift.
I remember you were looking towards implementing dynarec and 3DesMume use of it too.

Desmume for the 3DS just got such an update.
If this hasn't been brought to your attention, here's the link to the JIT commit:
https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME/c...8cb519e23f

Hopefully this helps out to implement dynarec on mGBA for the 3DS.

(06-26-2016, 01:07 AM)ShadowOne333 Wrote: Hey there endrift.
I remember you were looking towards implementing dynarec and 3DesMume use of it too.

Desmume for the 3DS just got such an update.
If this hasn't been brought to your attention, here's the link to the JIT commit:
https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME/c...8cb519e23f

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to have a 3DS emulate the DS when it already runs games natively in DS mode? 

DS and DS Lite also run GBA games natively and that didn't stop people from trying to create gba emulators for it, though. Or GBA running GB/C games yet people making an emulator for that too...

(06-29-2016, 07:41 AM)Maeson Wrote: DS and DS Lite also run GBA games natively and that didn't stop people from trying to create gba emulators for it, though. Or GBA running GB/C games yet people making an emulator for that too...

I think it's weird, that's all. Oh well. 

Hi! Now that the summer is near I'm starting to have time again for some playing.

I went and downloaded the latest nightly version of this fantastic emulator (For the Wii) and I've seen a few issues: Some games have some weird slowdown/fastforward. The game will first slowdown quite a bit (Very noticeable in the sound) and then will run at a faster rate than it should.

Some examples I can give are Rayman Advance and Konami Krazy Racing, and I had some issues with Mario kart Super Circuit too in an earlier version, but in the last one seems to have disappeared (Or maybe I didn't test enought).

On the other hand, Mario & Luigi SuperStar saga European version doesn't fuck up when starting a new game! (In older versions it went to black and very loud, screeching noises would start, and nothing more). Those are great news for me because I was thinking of making some kind of mod/hack for it.