Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Official mGBA Ports
Hmm, saving must have broken at some point. I can look into it.

(02-20-2016, 08:20 PM)endrift Wrote: Hmm, saving must have broken at some point. I can look into it.

I searched for the problem "Loading not showing" and some people have the same problem using emulation.

There is a save fix* on the Mother 3 Fan Translation 1.2 website and I applied and didn't work too. The snapshot system is working but the program (mgba) is not recognizing the .sav fiile

I just tested with the latest build (20-02) and still doesn't work.

I'm just writing this reply to update that similar problem happened to people using emulation on MAC and PC and they reported the problem may be due type of file the game uses.

* http://mother3.fobby.net/or/
Q&A

Using I think 1.1, it seems to work for me. Not sure what's going on for you. Try deleting the config file, and pulling the sav file off of your Wii and seeing if it works on your computer.

(02-21-2016, 01:16 AM)endrift Wrote: Using I think 1.1, it seems to work for me. Not sure what's going on for you. Try deleting the config file, and pulling the sav file off of your Wii and seeing if it works on your computer.

Tried exporting the .sav to windows, doesn't load

The ss1 (save state) load up on windows, but the .sav doesn't. Tried every version I could find.

There should pop up a "load game" screen normally right?  It just gives me start new game and sound option

Tried 0.40 and the newest feb-20.

Dropping by to say that so far the Wii port is working good outside of one thing.

Whenever I choose "stretched", I get a vertically cropped video output.
Sort of like a letterbox, it doesn't fit the whole screen.

Hello all, how's it going?
I 'd like to ask a quick question: I know Yoshi's Topsy Turvy works via wiimote tilt. I cannot get Warioware Twisted to register tilt though. Am i doing something wrong?

WarioWare uses the gyro, not tilt. At the moment it only works with non-TR motion plus units. VBA-GX does some interpolation to estimate it; mGBA does not do this yet, if the gyro is unavailable.

Hello! first of all, thank you very much for this amazing emulator.
My question is:
How I can change the save folder in the Wii version? I wish it were in a different folder where the games are located.
Example:
Roms folder=sd:/GBA GAMES/
Saves folder=sd:/mGBA/saves/

Thank you! Big Grin

Edit the file mGBA/config.ini and add the following line to the [ports.wii] section:

savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/

And it should load saves from that directory instead of the ROM folder.

I just tested the last download available from mgba.io (Wii).
I can say that the Wii port doesn't have the stretch mode to fill the entire screen like it did previously, and also GB games are not loading either, I get "Load failed!" (made a quick test with Metroid II and castlevania Legends).