mGBA Forums
How to use cheats again.. - Printable Version

+- mGBA Forums (https://forums.mgba.io)
+-- Forum: mGBA (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (https://forums.mgba.io/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How to use cheats again.. (/showthread.php?tid=396)

How to use cheats again.. - Mclane - 03-14-2016

Hi,

Desperately trying to enter codes correctly, I decided to have a play of Treasure excellent Gunstar Super Heroes and went to a page

http://us.codejunkies.com/search/codes/Gunstar-Super-Heroes_Game-Boy-Advance-and-SP_3147805-3___.aspx

Where the codes were entered as 4 separate lines for the Master Coder and 2 lines for the health cheat.

I've hit add new code and entered the 4 codes for the master one after the other and no matter what cheat device I select nothing comes up, so I then added them in pairs and hit Pro Action Replay and bingo I could see the codes with a button to view or hide them, so I hit add new set and entered the Health as a code pair separated like the others by a space and hit Pro Action replay and closed the cheats window to go back to the game, but my health just kept draining.

This leaves me with 2 outcomes, I'm entering the codes incorrectly or the codes on the site are wrong.

Any clues would be appreciated..Is there an entering format I'm doing wrongly?

Thanks

RE: How to use cheats again.. - Mclane - 03-19-2016

Wow, I presumed this was a support forum?

So 30 people read it and offer no help....

To me that says that either no one knows or simply can't be arsed to offer advice...

Really sad, I'm from the days MAME started, emulators were written on the Amiga etc etc and every one jumped in to help, since then its turned in to wannabe elites and the folk who just take.

I'll work out the issue, I'm simply very busy and thought I'd short cut and ask, seems rather pointless to have a support portion of a forum if only folk give help to their mates.

bye bye...

Sigh....Another project missing the whole point of talking to the testers.....Please remove me from the forum...

RE: How to use cheats again.. - endrift - 03-19-2016

Bitter, much? Pretty sure possibly all of those views are bots crawling the forums. Also pretty sure I'm literally the only one who's been giving help out and I have not been active on the forums since before you posted that.

You need to enter them in pairs. If Pro Action Replay doesn't work, try Game Shark Advance. Codes are often mislabeled.

RE: How to use cheats again.. - Mclane - 03-30-2016

(03-19-2016, 04:51 PM)endrift Wrote: Bitter, much? Pretty sure possibly all of those views are bots crawling the forums. Also pretty sure I'm literally the only one who's been giving help out and I have not been active on the forums since before you posted that.

You need to enter them in pairs. If Pro Action Replay doesn't work, try Game Shark Advance. Codes are often mislabeled.

Bitter, possibly, life isn't always fun and sometimes you just wonder who is bothering.

Saying that I didn't think about bots doing the reading while looking for stuff to harvest, for that I apologise. I'm very active in the emulator community and support / beta test MANY emulators including your fine one and I'd got used to feedback from all very quickly, I know from a game pack frontend a couple of us have written and in my case setup would get forum posts daily which of course does not leave a lot of free time, dev time and work time to be instant with answers but we have been lucky that others who use the frontend offer some help and often excellent help to others. Hence being grumpy about the reads and no asnwers.

Any way, thanks for the answer, it IS appreciated, many apologies for my attitude, my daughters ill with anorexia at the moment and I suffer depression so my mood can swing.

Saying that, I should have better manners than to allow it to spill out, after all, I am a grown up...Well I'm supposed to be Smile

Again, thank you...

RE: How to use cheats again.. - endrift - 03-31-2016

Don't worry too much about it Smile I've been a bit lax on keeping up with the forums recently anyway.