mGBA Forums

Full Version: GBA Pokemon cheat codes not working? (Mac)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm emulating Pokemon FireRed on my MacBook Air, and I started using some cheat codes. I used a cheat code to get a metal coat from the poke mart, and it actually worked! but now I'm trying to use a cheat code to get a Scyther wild encounter, and it's not working. Any reason for this?

I can link the cheat codes I am using if needed (I tried multiple)
The cheat code is probably broken. A lot of websites have really poor track records as far as "codes that actually work".
(07-17-2023, 03:51 AM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]The cheat code is probably broken. A lot of websites have really poor track records as far as "codes that actually work".

that's kind of what I was suspecting. are there any reputable code sites or lists of codes that are known to work? specifically looking for codes for held items and wild pokemon encounters.
The best website I know of is gamehacking.org, but even it's not perfect. Alternatively, you could use a save editor like PKHeX instead.