mGBA Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Input recording on ports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, mGBA is an amazing emulator, and the feature I value the most it's its amazing video recording feature.

I'm planning to do a documentary video about Pokémon and I have to play and record the whole thing. But thing is that I enjoy playing GBA games much more on my phone. So I was wondering, could the potential Android version (which I would love to know the current status of such) and other mGBA ports implement the feature of recording my inputs so I can play them back on my computer for later video recording?

And on the note, when trying to record my inputs with the "Record video log" option on PC, I don't see any option in the emulator to play it back, and when loaded as a ROM, it plays with no sound. Any fix for this?

Currently using the mGBA 0.7 b1 version, eagerly waiting for ver 0.8!  Big Grin

P.S.: ver 0.7 b1's FPS counter displays framerates above 60 (65.4 to be exact), when the target is 60fps and still plays at that framerate.
The FPS counter bug was fixed after that release. Video logs are video only--it's not an input log, it just records the output video and is mostly for automated testing purposes.

Input recording will come at some point, but it's not planned for a while.