mGBA Forums

Full Version: Where are save states located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I played Pokemon Ruby on my iPhone using GBA4iOS, and backed up my save to Dropbox. After GBA4iOS got revoked, I downloaded mGBA for my PC, and loaded the save from Dropbox. Then I played for a while, and used a save state. I want to turn the save state into a save game later and put it in my Dropbox, so I can play Pokemon on my phone and PC.

However, I don't know where the save states are saved to. What is the location of save states and save games, and is there a way to change it? If I could save directly to Dropbox, it would be great.

Thanks for your time. 
Save states and save games are by default put in the same directory as the ROM. This can be overridden by going to Settings > Paths.
(09-24-2016, 04:58 AM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Save states and save games are by default put in the same directory as the ROM. This can be overridden by going to Settings > Paths.

Thanks. However, when I change my save location to Dropbox, it doesn't load from there. How do I make it load from my Dropbox folder where I saved my game? Is there a way to change where mGBA loads save games? 
It's the same place. It would be silly to make them be a different place. If it's not working, then either there's a bug in mGBA, or there's a bug in Dropbox.