mGBA Forums

Full Version: True optional video stretching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I inadvertently posted a question in the wrong thread, about true video stretching for the Wii port, because the RA core has it, so I mean, it would be pretty simple to implement or at least, is it planned? Thanks Big Grin
Adjustable video stretching is planned, but I have not gotten around to implementing it yet.
(08-22-2016, 11:38 PM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Adjustable video stretching is planned, but I have not gotten around to implementing it yet.

All I wanted to know, sorry to ask you about it  Blush
The Wii port is kind of low on my priority of things to work on, and I have a lot of things to work on, so it tends to languish a bit. I do plan to get stretching implemented for 0.5 though, and it's been on my list for a while now.
Basic screen stretching has just landed, but you'll need to edit your config.ini to configure it.
Code:
[ports.wii]
stretchWidth=1.0
stretchHeight=1.0

Adding those two options to the listed section will make it stretch to 100% of the screen, whereas decreasing the numbers decreases the size of the viewport.
Trying to stretch it to the limits of my TV I noticed that the image does not appear to be centered horizontally, I still see a thin black bar on the left side, while the right side is already clipping past overscan.
(09-01-2016, 08:39 AM)endrift Wrote: [ -> ]Basic screen stretching has just landed, but you'll need to edit your config.ini to configure it.
Code:
[ports.wii]
stretchWidth=1.0
stretchHeight=1.0

Adding those two options to the listed section will make it stretch to 100% of the screen, whereas decreasing the numbers decreases the size of the viewport.

Yes!
I will continue my GBC playthroughs through Goomba Colour with widescreen to abuse this new feature. Smile

Thank you so much, endrift!
Why not use the core GB emu? In pixel accurate mode you get the 3x scale, otherwise it would be 2x, though I guess it's not much of a problem with the new resampling option!
That's strange. I can't imagine what could possibly be doing that other than your TV being misconfigured. What region is your TV?
I messed up, sorry. I had VI width thrown in as well to perfectly fit my TV's frame, didn't expect this to happen but for some reason it got off center by a lot, fixed with viXOrigin.